Forum Discussion

jafucci
New Contributor
6 years ago

Cox.com thinks I'm outside the US

I am trying to go to www.cox.com to review my account, but for some reason I am getting an error that cox thinks I am trying to access the website from outside the US.  I'm attaching a screenshot of the error screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wx6thtfekx6ukl/Screenshot%20from%202018-05-22%2013-10-20.png?dl=0

My IP address is set by cox, and I do not use any proxy.  Anyone else having this issue, or have any ideas?

Thanks!

John

5 Replies

chef06
    New Contributor

I'm getting the same thing for an hour now. I can access my account on the spanish version but when I click for english I keep getting error 20.  I was hoping to add services but not if I can't read the website.

chef06
      New Contributor

In fact I've called in the Tech support twice and they get the same thing......so when is it gonna get fixed.  I was hoping to add services!

jafucci
      New Contributor

I cannot even get the Spanish version.  It looks like they must have changed something with their IP addressing, as I used to get an IP address starting with 68.xxx.xxx.xxx, but now it's 70.xxx.xxx.xxx.  Funny thing is whatismyipaddress.com knows exactly where I am.

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Chef06

We apologize for any inconvenience the issue has been resolved with cox.com. Please let us know if you have further issues.

Cox support moderator
    jafucci
    New Contributor

It is working now, so looks like they fixed whatever was wrong.