Forum Discussion

TidusWulf
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Internet not working AT ALL but IP address is active. Error log attached.

I have a Netgear CG3000Dv2. I am getting the following error log immediately after the modem boots up completely:

Thu May 17 08:06:59 2018    Critical (3)   Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=(deleted for privacy);CMTS-MAC=(deleted);CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Thu May 17 08:06:28 2018    Warning (5)   Unicast DSID PSN startup error 
 Thu May 17 08:06:11 2018    Notice (6)   TLV-11 - unrecognized OID;CM-MAC=(deleted);CMTS-MAC=(deleted);CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 

After waiting 20 minutes, there are no new errors. The modem status page shows this:

Status
System Up Time 0 days 00h:18m:40s
Network Access Allowed
Cable Modem IP Address (deleted for privacy)

I have an IP address. So clearly at some level the modem is online.

I have a co-ax input in both rooms of my place. It's the same error. I have tried a factory reset of the modem from the button as well as from the support web page. I've also taken off the face plate and connected directly to the line in the wall. Nothing changes. My question is, is the wiring outside the problem, is the modem the problem, or is it something else? I'm connected to my computer with ethernet, not wifi.

Becky
    6 years ago
    Hi TidusWulf, your modem was stuck in the registration process. There are a variety of reasons this may have happened, so I don't want to speculate. I reprovisioned your modem, clearing any errors, and the modem completed the registration process. I'm glad to hear you are successfully online! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

3 Replies

• Hi TidusWulf, I think I may have fixed this for you. Power cycle your Netgear CG3000Dv2 again, and after it reboots successfully, see if you are able to get online. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      TidusWulf
      New Contributor

Thank you Becky. It works. You are amazing.

If I may ask, What did you do to resolve the issue? It would be helpful to others in the future to have clear documentation of the solution, in case someone else down the road has to google this page and get support from a tech who may otherwise only be following a script due to lack of experience.

Becky
        Hi TidusWulf, your modem was stuck in the registration process. There are a variety of reasons this may have happened, so I don't want to speculate. I reprovisioned your modem, clearing any errors, and the modem completed the registration process. I'm glad to hear you are successfully online! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator