Forum Discussion

sokal88
New Contributor
6 years ago

Channel issues

I check my modem status once a week for the past few months.  I have noticed the same channels have the same issues.

This also my event log

I do have random slowdowns as low as 50mbps for a capable 300mbps. If I was to give a daily average it’s probly 200mbps. I just have been noticing a trend and was curious.  Any suggestions?

3 Replies

• Hi Sokal88, so that we can take a closer look at how your modem is functioning on the Cox network when no other devices are present, please bypass your router temporarily and connect your modem directly to a one of your devices with an ethernet cord. Reset the modem by unplugging the power for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. Then, follow the steps listed in the article at bit.ly/HowToRunCoxSpdTest and run the Cox Speed Test a few times. When complete, let us know so we can review your results. We can use this data as a springboard to further investigate what is happening. I want you to get the speed of the internet tier that you pay for! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      sokal88
      New Contributor

when the internet does get to a unusable state I do connect directly to my computer.  speeds are the same with or without my router.  back in January I had really bad pings and speeds.  I replaced my modem since my old modem was a SB6190 "the one with the known bad Puma6 Chip".  I have a SB8200 Quality of net has improved speed does drop during the Congested times between 5pm to 11pm.  During my monitoring I just noticed the same channels and frequencies have the same correctable/uncorrectable issues and the repeating issues in the status logs.

Becky
        Hi Sokal88, if these issues continue, don't hesitate to let us know. I'd suggest a service call in the 5-7pm time slot so a technician has a decent opportunity to witness the speed drop. Email our team at cox.help@cox.com when you are ready to schedule the service call. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator