Forum Discussion

MKlick
New Contributor
6 years ago

Technical Support and Gigablast

I have suffered through the last week trying to get my internet running correctly after trying to upgrade to GIGABLAST.

If you don't need the bandwidth, DON'T DO IT!

For the most part, COX is offering ahead of having it working correctly.  My connection had always been rock solid until I upgraded.  I never was able to get more than 500mps and my speeds were also all over the map once I went to DOCSI3.1.  Sometimes under 100mps.

If you call for customer support, always ask for level 2 techs.  The level 1 techs are worthless. Their level 2 techs are for the most part knowledgable and courteous. But I also found that they all have very differing opinions of the problems but they all agree that Gigablast is not happening.

If they have to send out outside tech, DON'T DO IT!!! unless they will send out direct employee. Their sub-contractors are worthless and cause more problems and no solutions.  In most cases they have no knowledge of networking or equipment.  They only can test lines.  They are dangerous. COX should be ashamed of being represented by these people!

6 Replies

CarolLM
    Former Moderator
    Hi MKlick, I regret hearing of the issues you're experiencing with our GIGABLAST service. We want your service to be working as it should be. If you're still experiencing issues, please reach out to us on our Facebook page, your Twitter account or email us at cox.help@cox.com so that we can address and resolve your concerns. -Thanks, Carol
    ctorres
    New Contributor

I am experiencing very similar issues but I can't get anything faster then 100mbps and I tested directly on side of house wired to modem. I have a "lead tech" coming out on Sunday and hope I can get at least 500mbps. 

Becky
      Hi Ctorres, it would be helpful if you would log into your Cox.com account and run the Cox Internet Speed Check tool several times a day between now and Sunday. This will generate modem logs to assist the technician in troubleshooting on Sunday. Follow the steps found at bit.ly/HowToRunCoxSpdTest. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator