Forum Discussion

Internet_price_
New Contributor
6 years ago

Price gouging internet price doubled.

So what's with the price gouging on internet? We have same usage but our bill doubled..Cox offered no solutions... Except here's an 800 number you can call.. What's that going to do? So I can explain my situation again!! How does your bill double with normal internet usage??  Onto a different provider...

No kind of assistance for customers who pay on time without any interuptions to service. Great call there Cox. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Internet price gouging

Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing and account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. For further assistance, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Cox moderator

sincitygirl81
      New Contributor

While I understand you don't want this information put out there about how Cox does price gouge, it's a fact and a place where we can all voice our frustrations over how much Cox has raised our bills over the past months/years. I myself have gotten rid of the cable service and only use the internet. However, now i'm starting to have to pay outrageous amounts more myself for internet due to the data cap. Cox is always looking at ways to line their pockets heavier because they keep losing customers due to the already raising prices so they have to find other places to tack on additional charges. What I find most concerning and disgusting is that someone as myself who has been with Cox since 2004 (14 years!) pays more than a new customer. It's disgusting. Those of us who have been with Cox prior to them putting the data limit should have been grandfathered in and not have the 1024GB cap. Those that were new customers after the new policy was put in place should be the ones that have to pay the additional fees if they go over their data limit. There is absolutely no loyalty on Cox's side even if on the customer side there has been loyalty for many years. Treat your loyal customers better than you currently do and you won't be losing customers as fast. I myself am exploring other options for an internet provider.