Forum Discussion

rajaksin
New Contributor II
6 years ago

interface problem

i was told my 2nd tier that my problem with not being able to read my emails is due to my having windows 7 and that on my laptop microsoft no longer supports windows 7.. they had no problem logging into my acc.. and that well thats it.. 

i do have kaspersky and i followed the directions to get it to add cox to be able to run and still not working

HELPPPPPP

8 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I don't use Google Chrome or Cox webmail, so I may not be an authority.  I didn't quite understand the statement "i over and over and over again clean history/cookies" but it could be a clue.

Do you try to protect your privacy by blocking sites and cookies?  Meaning, within Chrome, you're opting to only allow cookies from specific sites or not allowing cookies from third-party sites?  Check your Privacy and Security settings within Chrome and IE and tell us what you see.

Perhaps Cox can confirm this:  did Cox change the URL to Cox webmail?  If so and Rajaksin has an exception to only allow cookies from the previous URL, perhaps you just need to update the rule.

If there is no rule, it could be a problem with authentication.  Sometimes, simply updating the date/time on your computer corrects a problem while other times updating your browser for the latest certificates.  During boot, have you been getting messages from your BIOS about batteries?  During timeouts, have you been getting little colored icon warnings near the URL about certificates?

Like the others have mentioned, it could be anything, but you need to be more observant of irregularities during your timeouts.

rajaksin
      New Contributor II

ooooh Bruce you are my spirit animal.. hahahahha thank you, I'm not worthy of you,  so i really know little about how the big world of internet works, hehehe, but read your most wonderful advise. I went straight to google chromes "Poper Blocker" and had it stoped reboot however that did not work at all, so i removed the darn thing,, and wallah.. all is well for now in the world. I've taken screen shot of your most wonderful advise.. just to be on the safe side. I want to believe, but there is hope.. thanks again Bruce, I'm going to name a star after you, hahaha ☄

rajaksin
      New Contributor II

hi again Bruce.. you say you don't use cox or google, so what do you use for emails

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I appreciate your praise, but I couldn't have helped without our other contributors asking the more important questions.  Process of elimination, if you would.  I use Outlook for Cox.