Forum Discussion

Bertolat
New Contributor
6 years ago

Netgear C6300 firmware update

I've been having a lot of issues with my internet the past 2 months, I pay my Bill's on time, and I haven't been getting the speeds I pay for, today, a technician showed up and of course the internet was running fine and he couldn't do anything about it... I've been getting for most of the time 20mbps Down and 1 mbps up when I should be getting 100mbps down and 10 mbps up.. packet losses of 30% ish

Long story short I've been researching your forums and I see the latest software version APPROVED BY COX is 2.01.18, I'm not running on that version and I have a suspicion that it might be the cause of my problems.

I'm this close to cancel my account and move to At&t, I've been chatting with Cox chat lines, call and every single "tech" tells me to call NETGEAR so they can update my modem!!

You should train better your people, because they should know that NETGEAR can't push the updates to us for numerous reasons,  one of them would be a breaching of contract for security reasons... they can only provide it to Cox, and once Cox APPROVES IT, then Cox should release the updates... I need an assistance of a Tier 3 technician who knows what's hes doing and send me some hits to my modem so it can be updated

This is my last attempt to get my internet working properly before I run to another company, i refuse to pay my Bill's on time just to get not even half of what I'm paying for

Thank you

1 Reply

• Bertolat, the latest version that we have to offer for the C6300 is V2.01.14. Although the Netgear site says V2.01.18 as approved, that does not accurately reflect what Cox has approved for use on our network at this time. - Brian Cox Support Forum Moderator