Forum Discussion

imassage
New Contributor
6 years ago

i'm not getting the speed i'm paying for

I recenly just upgraded from 50 to 100 to 300. Knowing i needed a faster wifi router, i upgraded to a newer netgear ac1000 router (model R6080). Sadly, i'm still seeing a max speed of about 70-80Mb/s, although my upload speeds are at the advertised 30Mb/s. the modem i have is docsys 3.0

any ideas?

Thanks

8 Replies

juntis
    New Contributor

They've been screwing me pretty hard since I signed up, too. Their answer: it is my fault for interpreting the speed I buy as the speed I will get. Scam. I sincerely hope they collapse as a company.

• Something weird is definitely going on. My download speeds vary wildly, where sometimes I'm at around 20-30, other times 80-90. I'm paying for 'up to' 100MB, and have had the technician out to confirm everything's OK. I don't see how it is possible that this isn't some form of intentional bandwidth restriction going on (throttling). Once the net neutrality law is officially dead, this stuff is going to get far worse.

LatitiaS

Hi Eightball2982,

We want you to enjoy your services, not worry about chronic service issues. I'd like to take a closer look at your equipment diagnostics. Please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your name and the service address so we can review what has been done, and work on a plan for what needs to be done to get this resolved. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Latitia
      Cox Support Forums Moderator