Forum Discussion

vlkinspotsy
New Contributor
7 years ago

How to delete entire email folder?

I am so fed up. I have been trying to delete ALL of my emails in the inbox and trash folder but can't. In inbox I click Delete All Messages. Pop up box asks do I really want to empty the folder. I click Empty. Page goes blank and says Empty. I then go to trash folder and do same thing. Page goes blank and says empty. I go back to inbox and ALL emails are still there.

I then click Select All at top. Then I click the trash can icon (delete). Emails disappear. I'll go to another folder and then go back to inbox and still have emails. UGH! I've logged out. I've cleared history. What is wrong? This is frustrating! 

3 Replies

• Hello vlkinspotsy, This is a known issue we are working to address. Reports are as a work around for now you should by deleting them multiple times be able to permanently delete them from your folders as we work on a permanent fix for this issue.
    Mryan
    New Contributor

I am having the same problem only apparently my emai capacity has been exceeded (yet again....despite deleting 100s of emails every coupe, weeks having to go through the same frustrating nightmare everytime!) 

so I have not been able to receive any of my emails for days and this ridiculous webmail won’t actually let me delete the emails in  my inbox in order to free up storage space so I CAN GET MY EMAILS...I have spent hours attempting to figure out how to correct this unbelievably obsurd issue....with no help form your joke of a website. I am PISSED if you are going to limit customers email “storage” then you *** well should have a properly working program in order for them to be able to easily MANAGE THE STORAGE

UNBELIEVABLE considering how much we pay for your “service” you allow this hugely disruptive issue for your customers to happen in the first place but also seem not to be doing anything to correct it, it’s been going on for a LONG time....I’m disgusted with Cox, you have the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with...I’m going to start making other arrangements for all the services I have from you, I will be leaving as soon as I am able to transition but fortunately for you this is a diffult process which you use to your full advantage knowing customers have few alternatives to be able to rip them off. I’m so frustrated this is final straw in over 20 yrs of poor service 

LisaH
      Hi Myran. I apologize that are having issues deleting email from cox webmail. That is not the experience that we want for our customers. Please click on the gear, click on settings, on left hand side go down to inbox and click on the arrow beside it, which will expand. Under Common, click permanently remove emails. This will not send any deleted emails to the trash folder. One of the limits for deleting a large amount of emails in one folder is about 900. . If you use a 3rd party email program, you can turn off the feature "save a copy of the message on the server" in your mail settings. I hope that this helps you. Please let us know if you need further assistance. - Lisa