Forum Discussion

WarrenMcBride
New Contributor
7 years ago

This is feed back

Sorry if this is the wrong place.  Let me know where to leave feedback, not requiring technical support and I will go there.

Since the big upgrade to Cox's email system, after the initial hiccups I have noticed a consistent issue.   When sending an email from my computers client, the email does send with no problem.  The issue is the delay that Cox's email system has responding back saying the email has been sent to the sent folder.  It usually takes up to 30 seconds to get the response back which then automatically closes the email i have sent AND the box saying sending to the sent folder.

Since everything is happening as it is supposed to, my feedback is that Cox's system has a glitch causing an unnecessary delay which never occurred before the "New and improved email system"

Thanks

Warren McBride

9 Replies

• Hi Warren,

We truly appreciate your feedback. I've forwarded your post to our Webmail administrators so your voice will be heard. Thanks for taking the time to post!

• It's been a week and the problem still exists.  Just now on 22 March 2018 at about 5:10 PM I replied to an email, while the mail was sent instantly, it took Cox over a minute to respond that the mail had been moved to the sent folder.  What this does is prevent me from closing the send window.  Some times the response from Cox is quick, usually in the morning hours, but afternoon seems to be a big issue, I am assuming your servers are becoming overloaded and can't respond on demand.

This is just more feedback for an ongoing problem.

Warren McBride

• Warren,

Thank you for the update. I've shared this with your previous feedback.

WarrenMcBride
      New Contributor

Here is more feedback, today 12 April 2018, it takes about 15-20 secs for my email client to login.  It does finally login and get my email.  But as you can tell, Cox is still having issue with their email servers.  I am no expert, but I can see the problems occurring.  PLEASE get somebody in charge that knows email and servers and logins and imap, and etc etc etc.  Cox is probably now the WORST email service I have had in 25+ years.

• In case you thought I had forgotten, the issue has not improved.  I hope your technical staff is reading these forums and realize that they have a lot of work to do to get Cox email back to a reliable product.  I am now starting to shift critical emails to gmail.

Warren McBride

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator

Hi Warren, we apologize for the email issues and are still working to improve the service. FYI, we will be conducting overnight maintenance on April 12, 2018, from 2-6 am. You may experience issues with sending and receiving emails. The interruption may last for approximately one hour within the maintenance window. When signing in, Cox email users may see an error message that the service is unavailable at that time. These issues will be resolved after the update is completed by 6:00 am ET. Thanks in advance for your patience. = JJ

WarrenMcBride
        New Contributor

Thanks for a reply.  Luckily, at the times you gave, I will be sawing logs so I probably won't see any disruption. 🙂

I'm sure I would speak for many others when I say any improvement in the mail service would be greatly appreciated.  The last couple of months haven't been kind to Cox going by the comments here on Cox's own forum.

Warren