Forum Discussion

A_MODEM_UPGRADE
New Contributor II
7 years ago
Solved

GET THE INTERNET SPEED YOU DESERVE WITH A MODEM UPGRADE ON US

So I received a letter from cox informing me that my modem needed upgrading and that COX would provide a modem at no additional cost and it will on them and that they look forward to providing the modem soon. despite 30 minutes on the phone with customer service I am still without an upgrade. ANyone else had this issue. Shame on COX for their fraudulent misrepresentation and lying letter.
  • Firstly I will say that emotional responses that are borne out of frustration from dealing with issues like this may result in harsh tones and word choices that are not always the most congenial or nice. It also causes a situation that may not cast the best light on the parties involved. I will say that TIME can heal many wounds. In follow up I will commend Devante in the Customer Service Department? who responded vis facebook and resolved this issue. The resolution makes my previous statement null and void. I must congratulate and thank COX for standing behind their letter and arranging an upgrade. Thank you.

7 Replies

Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cox Support Forums. I can take a look into this for you. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com include your full name, address, and a link to this forum post. We will reply back once we receive the email. Thanks
    A_MODEM_UPGRADE
    New Contributor II
    Firstly I will say that emotional responses that are borne out of frustration from dealing with issues like this may result in harsh tones and word choices that are not always the most congenial or nice. It also causes a situation that may not cast the best light on the parties involved. I will say that TIME can heal many wounds. In follow up I will commend Devante in the Customer Service Department? who responded vis facebook and resolved this issue. The resolution makes my previous statement null and void. I must congratulate and thank COX for standing behind their letter and arranging an upgrade. Thank you.
    A_MODEM_UPGRADE
    New Contributor II
    Thank you Karen this issue was resolved by Devante via Facebook interface
    Karen_R said:
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cox Support Forums. I can take a look into this for you. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com include your full name, address, and a link to this forum post. We will reply back once we receive the email. Thanks
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @A MODEM UPGRADE ON US

Most welcome please let us know if you have further concerns.

AZDesertGal
    New Contributor

Didn't know it was free.  They loaned me one of their Panasonic modem router to try as my internet speeds are quite low, like 525 Kbps when I subscribed for 30 Mbps.

The one they loaned me will cost me $10 a month but I find it did no better, even worse than before.

Did they tell you they were mailing it, having a tech come out, or do you have to go to their store for it?  How would you expect it to be delivered in 30 min?

Themishmosh
    New Contributor
    I got the same notice and wasted about 20 minutes to find that the upgrade is NOT free... It's $199!!! I'm going to give Cox the benefit of the doubt and call it a glitch in their system and people were sent these by mistake.
    DataCapsStink
    New Contributor II

It is better for you to have an old slow modem.

If you had a fast modem, you would go over the tiny 1024gb data cap and incur extra charges on your bill.

So look on the bright side.