This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Webmail issues

still no direction as to where to post email issues...Internet or apps? So I am here.

new issue as of yesterday, spam lands in my inbox...I try to send to spam...I've sent waaaay too many today so I cannot. I have to download into my email client and THEN I can forward to spamreport@cox.net.

Also had it tell me once that I could not send to "thisisnotspam" . What's with this ?

why wouldn't cox go to an email client & contract for this service? They obviously cannot deal with it. Or facilitate a deal to give us to some other email provider. 

I am so sick of this and now I'm being blown off by billing because email is "free." You know *** well it's built into the price of Internet, just like phone tools....which frequently doesn't work either...is built into the cost of phone. But because it isn't billed as a separate charge....I'm sol.

I love the techs...most are so good.  But I hate this company!

• I see a similar error on my iPad 4 when accessing webmail and trying to mark a particular email as SPAM.

• Thanks to both of you for this report. I was able to duplicate the issue this morning using my cox.net email account. When I clicked on the menu option within an email to "mark as spam", I received the following error:

"Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [spamreport@cox.net] (451 - 451 4.2.0 146.20.112.67 has exceeded the number of messages allowed per hour and has therefore been blocked for a period of three hours. If you have not been knowingly sending large volumes of email, this may indicate that your computer is infected with a virus which is sending emails without your knowledge. Please scan your system for viruses as soon as possible. The block will automatically be lifted at the end of the three-hour period. Please visit http://ww2.cox.com/coxagainstspam for more information."

Please provide the type of device you use to access your Cox email (PC, tablet, etc.), the device operating system, and browser version or app name. For example, I'm using a Windows 10 laptop, and I accessed Cox Webmail using Internet Explorer 11. I will get this reported at once!

• In my case an iPad 4 running iOS 10.3.3 using the Safari browser...

Please note I have not tried this on my Win 10 laptop using either the Edge browser or IE...

• Thanks for those details, Al! I'll provide an update on this issue as soon as possible.

• I have had the same issue. I was using the Ipad, then google chrome, then msn. Of course the message said it is my computer and I have a virus and again wasted my time scanning to find nothing, not that I hurt to do it I suppose. At least the last few days the spam filter seems to be working the best it ever has I am afraid this is the trade off.