Forum Discussion

Jax7
New Contributor
7 years ago

Fix for "Folder INBOX" has been closed on mail server 127.0.0.1"?

Has anyone gotten a fix from Cox for the error "Folder 'INBOX' has been closed on mail server 127.0.0.0.  Probably your request took too long.".  Last week email on a cox account I've been using for 23 years stopped working.  After spending 3 hours on the phone convincing technicians that it was not a customer issue, Cox support created a ticket for me.  But still no fix.   I use this email account for business and personal communications.  Not having access to this account even for a day is unacceptable, but Cox does not seem to care.  So far it has been 4 days with no change.  Has anyone actually gotten a fix, or do I just give up on Cox and get a different service provider with a better customer support organization?  

4 Replies

• @Jax7,

We can certainly look into this issue for you. Please send us an email with your full address to cox.help@cox.com so we can research this ticket on your behalf. 

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.

geweaver2
    New Contributor

i got the same message and was told there was an outage in my area and it may have caused it.

I still did not get a result from them, but will try again tomorrow.

Zenith
    New Contributor

Experiencing the same issue, day 5.  Only affects one Cox email account; the others work fine.  After a total of two hours in chat sessions, the only advice was to change my password and update Adobe Flash.  The total lack of awareness of this issue, and a solution - despite multiple postings by other customers in the Cox forums - is stunning.

StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Zenith,

Did that fix the issue or are you still not able to access your email account? If you are not able to access your emails, what message do you get when you try to log into webmail?