Forum Discussion

painter
New Contributor
7 years ago

Any spam filter like

Does Cox have anything comparable to the Earthlink SpamBlocker?  I assume, based on my cursory research, that the answer is no. If not, does anyone know a spam filter application that works similar to Earthlink's that can be added to a third party email application (such as Outlook or Thunderbird)?

With Earthlink's Spamblocker, when an email is received from an unknown sender, that sender is required to click a link and submit a registration request which is sent to the intended recipient. Once the recipient approves this sender, they can freely send emails to the recipient. Sure, it may be too laborious for many, but when you're email account is inundated with automated spam, or "spray" style spam, it's a nice solution.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi painter,

I'm not sure if you've found this site, but here's a link to our website on ways to stop unwanted spam. https://www.cox.com/residential/support/protecting-yourself-from-spam.html

painter
    New Contributor

Thanks Dustin. I am aware that Cox has a spam blocker on by default (correct me if I'm wrong that it's active by default). However, it is very ineffective. The vast majority of spam comes straight to my inbox while legitimate emails are sometimes flagged as spam. That is why I am interested in a solution like Earthlink's, where all messages are blocked by default and the sender is presented with an option to request to be added to the recipient's trusted senders list, thus allowing that message and all future messages to be forwarded through. Thanks anyways.

• painter,

I can share your feedback to leadership. If you use filters on myemail.cox.net, then that's another option to sort spam. I've worked on creating multiple filters and found that using about three key words in the filter helps.