Forum Discussion

DatPhilGuy
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Not getting Ultimate speeds

The speeds in my area are supposed to be 300/30.

The highest I've ever seen a speed test reach is 180/20. On average it's around 170/15.

I'm currently using a NetGear CM500 modem.

• @DatPhilGuy

Try it now and see if there is any improvement.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @DatPhilGuy

DatPhilGuy
    New Contributor

ChrisL said:
    @DatPhilGuy

You've fixed it. Thank you!

• I have the same problems, unifi network equipment never shows a download over speed over 150.  Upload is ok at 30 as i have the 300/30 package.  Several calls to support and several ours with a technician that finally said i needed a DOCIS 3.1 Modem rather than the 3.0 I have.  I have a Arris 6190 only a few months old and nothing was said when i activated it.  Currently on Cox website is says that modem is fine and the local store is telling me 3.1 is not even deployed in this area yet.  Home network clocks at 2G so i know its not my issue.

• The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally. We can definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.
    December
    New Contributor

Are you using the Arris to plug in or just your NetGear CM500 modem? With the internet you have upgraded too a stronger modem to get optimal broadband.