Forum Discussion

Jacob_K
New Contributor II
7 years ago

Importing E-Mail Contact Information From a .CSV file to the Cox Mail Contact List

Why don't the E-mail addresses from my .csv file import to the Cox mail Contact List? I have a first line header in the csv file with First Name, Last Name and E-Mail 1 headings. The first and last names import perfectly, but the E-mail addresses are ignored. How do I match the Cox mail contact headings with the csv headings so that the E-Mail addresses will import? I have not been able to get an answer from the Cox support department.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jacob K,

I need a bit more information.  Where did you import the contacts from?

Jacob_K
    New Contributor II
    LatitiaS said:

Hi Jacob K,

I need a bit more information.  Where did you import the contacts from?

I exported the contacts from my Windows Live Mail account and saved it as a CSV file. Before saving it, I deleted all columns except First Name, Last name and E mail address. I added a row as the first row with the following titles: First Name, Last Name and E Mail 1. The First Name and Last Name of each of the several hundred rows of my CSV file imported to the Cox Contacts perfectly. The E Mail address were ignored. I can attach the first 10 rows of that file if you need it to look at. Thanks, I need your help to resolve this.
    Jacob_K
    New Contributor II
    I am able to import contacts now. Resolved. Thank you
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Jacob K

Great please let us know if you have further issues.