Forum Discussion

Jacob_K
New Contributor II
7 years ago
Solved

Importing Contact Lists to Cox Webmail

Why doesn't the import function work for importing a csv list of email addresses? I keep getting the message ""Could not translate a single column title. Is this valid CSV file?", even though my csv file is valid. I even tried saving the file in notepad, but that version would not import either. I have saved my contact list which is an Excel spreadsheet in CSV format, but it will not import, leaving with the above message each time I try. Why is it doing this?
  • Jacob K said:
    ColleenD said:
    Jacob K,

The error means one of your column headings in the .csv file isn't being recognized.
    Since it's only loading first and last names, what is your column heading after the first and last names?

I make the columns in the csv file the same as the contact block headings in the cox contacts modue: First Name; Last Name; and Email 1 Still wouldn't transfer the E-mail column
    I stumbled across the answer. The column title of the column I want to import must be verbatim the same as the Cox Contact field I want to import the information to. I had titled the Email 1 column in my csv file as "E Mail 1". I should have titled it "Email 1". The issue was I had a space between E and Mail, instead of no space, as in "Email 1". I thank everyone who responded for their help!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Jacob K

Are you following the steps in this link http://bit.ly/2xb8VrT?
    Jacob_K
    New Contributor II
    Yes I am. The steps don't outline a way to indicate mapping--that is, carrying over columns from the csv file to the cox mail contact columns/fields. When I select "Import", it just carries over the first and last name columns of the csv file, but not the E-mail column.
    JonathanJ said:
    @Jacob K

JonathanJ said:
    @Jacob K

• Jacob K,

The error means one of your column headings in the .csv file isn't being recognized.
    Since it's only loading first and last names, what is your column heading after the first and last names?

Jacob_K
    New Contributor II
    ColleenD said:
    Jacob K,

I make the columns in the csv file the same as the contact block headings in the cox contacts modue: First Name; Last Name; and Email 1 Still wouldn't transfer the E-mail column
    Jacob_K
    New Contributor II
    Jacob K said:
    ColleenD said:
    Jacob K,

I stumbled across the answer. The column title of the column I want to import must be verbatim the same as the Cox Contact field I want to import the information to. I had titled the Email 1 column in my csv file as "E Mail 1". I should have titled it "Email 1". The issue was I had a space between E and Mail, instead of no space, as in "Email 1". I thank everyone who responded for their help!