Forum Discussion

AMommy2TwoBoys
New Contributor
7 years ago

Windows Live Mail - Some accounts work, others won't since 7/13/17! HELP?

I have multiple cox email accounts. 2 of my accounts are downloading to Windows Live Mail just fine. My main email account and several others are not. I've contacted Live Chat support twice now and nothing is fixed. Today's chat left me more frustrated than anything because she didn't understand my issue and sent me into webmail to forward email to another email address. 

This is the error message I get for my main account (edited email out): 

Unable to send or receive messages for the Cox (XXXXXXXX) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR account is currently inactive.
Server: 'pop.central.cox.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

This is saying my account is inactive and that my password is wrong. However, that is not true. My password works fine and I am able to get my webmail by logging in via a browser. But, I don't want that. I want it to download to my WLM as it had been before July 13, 2017. Only 2 accounts work, all settings are the same but the main one and others won't work. Can anyone help me fix this issue? Image shows 2 of 7 accounts work, the remaining state "inactive" and password/username is wrong. Not the case as I can access my webmail via browser. 
Thank you!

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @AMommy2TwoBoys

Make sure your settings are correct check the link http://bit.ly/2y6LNHQ.

• Thanks. I did as directed and 2 of my 7 accounts still receive email without issues, the remaining 5 (which includes my main/default email account) are not working. It still states my accounts are inactive and that the password is wrong. Why is the server saying my accounts are inactive? Can you fix that? FYI: The previous settings was working for 2 of the 7 accounts... so nothing changed affected anything. 

Thanks for helping and for any additional help... this has been happening for too long. My first Live Chat inquiry left me with no possible resolutions and the second Live Chat inquiry left me with an option that didn't even apply to my issue as she didn't understand my problem and seemed irritated by me... so I have hope you can help me fix this. 

MaryF
    Former Moderator

Hello AMommy2TwoBoys,

Please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your full name and street address so we can further investigate.  Please include a link to this thread.  Thanks.