Forum Discussion

Bowl
New Contributor
7 years ago

Why Delay Reaching Tech Support With PPV Commercials?

So I had to call tech support last night for a connection issue.  When I dialed the number, i got a commercial for a MacGregor fight or something.  Then after listening to the usual recording and entering my PIN, the recording started to say for this press 1 and ... boom, another commercial for the PPV MacGregor fight.  Really?  When we want tech support we get commercials?  Then, because of that, I missed the rest of the message so had to hang up and try again.  And again, kept getting the PPV commercial.  Why?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello,

I am truly sorry to hear that you had to endure such an experience with our automated system. Are you still experiencing issues with the service? 

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator

Bowl
    New Contributor

Yes, the McGregor recording is still there.  1-800-345-1779.

When you are in a hurry to contact tech support, the last thing you want to do is sit thru multiple commercials.

• Hi Bowl,

What kind of connectivity issues are you experiencing? We're happy to help!

Bowl
    New Contributor

Hi Becky,

This is not about a connection issue.  This is about having to listen to commercials for a PPV event when I am trying to call Cox tech support.

I am always amazed at how the issue is skirted and the replies are always about something else.

DeeJ1
    Former Moderator

Hi Bowl,

I apologize you had to listen to main event commercials while in a hurry to speak with a technical support agent, however, were you able to get your issue get resolved?

Bowl
    New Contributor

My issue is every time I call Cox I have to listen to a commercial for PPV before I can talk to Tech Support.

We call Tech Support because we have a problem we either would like to report or find a solution to.  We don't want to listen to a PPV commercial at that time.

Maybe it's just me since no one else seems to be concerned about it, even the support people here who keep asking me questions about something else.

I just called the number again and that PPV commercial is still there and will be until the fight later this month. Then we will have a different one to listen to I guess.  Did any of the support people here actually try calling the number to see what I am talking about?  Or is it not in the script book?