This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why Delay Reaching Tech Support With PPV Commercials?

So I had to call tech support last night for a connection issue.  When I dialed the number, i got a commercial for a MacGregor fight or something.  Then after listening to the usual recording and entering my PIN, the recording started to say for this press 1 and ... boom, another commercial for the PPV MacGregor fight.  Really?  When we want tech support we get commercials?  Then, because of that, I missed the rest of the message so had to hang up and try again.  And again, kept getting the PPV commercial.  Why?

• Hello,

I am truly sorry to hear that you had to endure such an experience with our automated system. Are you still experiencing issues with the service? 

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Yes, the McGregor recording is still there.  1-800-345-1779.

When you are in a hurry to contact tech support, the last thing you want to do is sit thru multiple commercials.

• Hi Bowl,

What kind of connectivity issues are you experiencing? We're happy to help!

• Hi Becky,

This is not about a connection issue.  This is about having to listen to commercials for a PPV event when I am trying to call Cox tech support.

I am always amazed at how the issue is skirted and the replies are always about something else.

• Hi Bowl,

I apologize you had to listen to main event commercials while in a hurry to speak with a technical support agent, however, were you able to get your issue get resolved?