Forum Discussion

Mr_Gillen
New Contributor II
7 years ago

Data Usage Discrepancy

With the current policy of data caps I decided to track my usage at the router level. I just checked my cox account and from start of my billing cycle to yesterday (6-26-17 thru 7-11-17) states I have used 205 GB. When I check my router Netgear r7000 that I started tracking a day before my billing cycle to today (6-25-17 thru 7-12-17) states I used only 187GB. That is a discrepancy of 18GB! I would not care normally but since it is now policy to charge if and when we go over 1TB, this phantom data can be a means to charge overages. I highly disagree with any data caps in principle and function but if you choose to institute a cap then I expect it to be accurate. I want to know what Cox's stance on the accuracy on the data meter and discrepancies when I track my own. I would attach screen captures but your forum is too lackluster to properly insert.

This is just a personal comment, data caps and penalties was a terrible idea and is the first time I am truly unhappy with my service and will be reviewing other service options.

44 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion