Forum Discussion

Coastie
New Contributor
9 years ago

Setting up Cox POP email in Windows 10

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I've gone through the Cox articles on setting up email accounts in Windows 10, there was one article that mentioned selecting IMAP. But I don't like IMAP. Does using the Mail app in Windows 10 support the POP setting? Or are we forced to use the IMAP setting if we choose to set up our email account through the app?

By the way, if I choose to use the Windows 7 format, and double click the Outlook icon to open my email, I have the POP setting in it. Does this not automatically sync with the Mail App?

Thank you,

Denise

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    AllenP
    Valued Contributor

Denise, yes, the Windows 10 mail app does support both IMAP and POP3.  When setting up a new account, from the "Choose an Account" window scroll to the very bottom and select "Advanced setup".  Select "Internet Mail".  Enter the server pop.cox.net and select "POP3" from the "Account type" dropdown.  Fill in the remainder of the fields, the Outgoing (SMTP) server is smtp.cox.net.  If everything is correct, it should connect when you hit "Sign In".

Coastie
    New Contributor

By setting up a new account, do you mean within Outlook or within the Mail App?

• Hi Coastie,

Have you been able to find a resolution to these previous steps provided by AllenP?