Cox Webmail and IE

Cox Webmail and IE

Internet Forum

Activity: 11 Replies | 4 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

Why do I get page notice, indicated by: "this page cannot be displayed", more often, than not. This happens when I am in Cox Webmail, and "click", on "send", when in "reply", mode.

I have  everything I know of. Some have said check the "automatically recover", box. Done - No Help.

Cox Tech Chat, is "worthless" - they are very "robotic", and just don't seem to get it....all they tell me is to "delete", Cookies. Done - No Help.

Can anyone help, please.

All Replies
  • Posted by ChrisL
    13 Dec 2012 12:20 PM

Do you experience this issue with other PC's in your home or with other devices?  It might also be helpful to try deleting temporary Internet files as well.

-Chris

Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by Cupcake
    13 Dec 2012 8:58 PM

Chris, still having the same issue noted above. Deleted temp internet files. Can't understand that my PC maybe the only one having this issue.

• Posted by ChrisL
    14 Dec 2012 7:14 AM

I haven't seen anything like this on my end nor have I seen other similar reports.  Were you able to try to access it from a different PC at all?

-Chris

• Posted by Cupcake
    14 Dec 2012 12:13 PM

Chris, this is the only PC in my home. I can't believe I have stumped Cox IT people. So, what are my options, to just live with this problem, and use the "refresh", key until it breaks.

I do have a phone number of 855-cox-pchc, for IT issues. Will try given them a call, but I can almost bet they want $'s to check out my problem, even though this problem may be caused by Cox (only an assumption, and perception).

Thanks.

• Posted by Email down again
    14 Dec 2012 8:06 PM

I have to use the  Google Chrome browser to get my email from Cox.  They are very slow to correct the problem they have on their new update.

• Posted by Cupcake
    15 Dec 2012 9:45 AM

CHRIS - Me again - CUPCAKE - I'm trying very hard, not to DUMP COX; but every day it's the same old issue....., and my perception of COX, is they JUST DON'T GIVE A CARE......wanted to use more explicit. :>(

CHRIS - was told by a friend who also has COX Email, that I should not being using COX WEBMAIL, as that is an option used for TRAVELERS..... ???? I didn't understand her comment, nor did I know that COX had anything but COX WEBMAIL.

DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A DIFFERENC.

Anyway, CHRIS - still having the same daily issue: "THIS PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED" ..... ????? :>(

Very UNHAPPY -

• Posted by ChrisL
    19 Dec 2012 8:34 AM

Are you able to try accessing webmail from a friend's PC or maybe from a work PC provided your employer allows this?

-Chris

• Posted by Mat
    19 Dec 2012 11:46 AM

First of all, drop internet explorer, it's a terrible browser that reads web code incorrectly. Even up to the newest IE10, is NOT on par with chrome or firefox. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

Second, if you are heck bent on using internet explorer & prefer your web code to be read incorrectly, or you prefer to support microsoft and use their backwards browser that's been holding been web standards for years then reinstall internet explorer. To reinstall/reset it do the following:

1. Open internet explorer
    2. Click "tools" at top, then "internet options", you will get a window that opens
    3. On this window click the "advanced" tab.
    4. About half way down that tab you should see a button that says "reset". Click it.
    5. Suggestions include deleting the personal info also (the checkbox) to default everything without having to uninstall, reinstall, download the program.

My suggestion is really to switch off internet explorer, it is a terrible browser that isn't written to web standards, it's designed to microsofts view of what web standards are.

Anyways, let me know if this fixes your issue if you are planning to stay on the insecure and faulty web browser.

• Posted by Mat
    19 Dec 2012 11:48 AM

I'm not here to support cox and say they're demi-gods but state the facts. On a side note, if one browser is able to access the website fine and the other isn't, this is a browser related issue and something on your end, not on the service provided. Whatever you may have going on with them outside of this isn't my business, but for the browser follow my previous post and you should be fine, or switch off IE.

Cupcake

CHRIS - Me again - CUPCAKE - I'm trying very hard, not to DUMP COX; but every day it's the same old issue....., and my perception of COX, is they JUST DON'T GIVE A CARE......wanted to use more explicit. :>(

CHRIS - was told by a friend who also has COX Email, that I should not being using COX WEBMAIL, as that is an option used for TRAVELERS..... ???? I didn't understand her comment, nor did I know that COX had anything but COX WEBMAIL.

DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A DIFFERENC.

Anyway, CHRIS - still having the same daily issue: "THIS PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED" ..... ????? :>(

Very UNHAPPY -

• Posted by Torvin
    22 Dec 2012 7:56 AM

Kudos to Mat.  My web browsing was so bad after the e-mail crash that it reminded me of the old dial up days, on a very bad day.  Even after the e-mail recovery browsing was still very bad, like 10-15 minutes to load up a web page.  Saw Mats reply here and downloaded Firefox.  Everything has been working great ever since.

• Posted by trudy
    23 Dec 2012 3:55 AM

Cupcake, Here's another vote for using Firefox.  IE just has so many problems plus it's less secure.