Cox internet service is falling apart!

Internet Forum

Activity: 16 Replies | 2 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

I have had several severe multi-hour internet service outages. No service at all.

Same thing again today. Its been out for hours.

Calling the technical support number is useless. They just say there are having an outage and nobody is there to take your call.

Go to the web to do an online chat and all representatives are busy. No queue, nothing.

This service is just aweful!

I have Cox High-Speed Internet - Preferred Package.

Preferrred? Are you kidding me?

Why has service quality gone down the tubes so much in the last month or so???

All Replies
  • Posted by Jon Marinello
    21 Oct 2012 2:39 PM

This posting is for the Santa Barbara, CA area.

• Posted by DTnLV
    21 Oct 2012 4:26 PM

I'm in North Las Vegas NV and I've changed out all my network hardware including the cox switch to eliminate any intermittent devices from causing a failure.  I am now convnced that it is Cox's QoS.

• Posted by Jon Marinello
    21 Oct 2012 4:47 PM

Yeah, I think I will contact the PUC and see what they have to say about all these outages. I also plan to call Cox on Monday and request a refund for this shoddy service and lack of technical support.

• Posted by Horrible Service
    13 Nov 2012 10:55 PM

I cannot wait to leave this tired overpriced service.  Cox is always willing to take your money but the service sucks major and I am just a click away from leaving this service.  Sue me...I dont give a ***.  I refuse to continue to pay for services NOT Rendered and this terrible company. When I left Cox Cable for television programming I vowed NEVER to return and I have been true to that.  Now I left phone service and internet is next!  I just need to find a good air card.  Over with this **!

• Posted by Sapperdaddy
    14 Nov 2012 12:24 AM

This service has got to be the worst company i have personally ever dealt with. I experience internet lag most often every day all day long. They charged me 50$ for a tech visit on my first day owning the service due to their lack of intelligence. The guy who came to my house was very rude inconsiderate and very dumb at his job. As soon as i can find a service i will be getting rid of cox and so is my mother they are by far the worst company in AZ and i wouldn't recommend them ever. id rather pay 10x the amount i pay now to any other company than this one.   

• Posted by dbm
    22 Nov 2012 11:46 PM

I am furious with Cox.  I used the enhanced webmail as it is much better than Classic.  Wondered what was going on when the login screen changed asking what we prefer.  No notices...nothing they that plan to retire Enhanced until I called with a problem with my email,  I don't prefer either one right now.  You log in to Classic and the toolbar is gone to change fonts, colors etc.  My outgoing emails look horrible and I can only use Plain not HTML.  When I try to use HTML I can only read email.  Can't send an email in HTML at all there is no space to type anywhere I click.    After Chatting online with Cox Reps two times to get help with Classic, I am still having problems. Then I called in when chatting with them was useless.  Still didn't get my problem solved after being on chat for 15 minutes and on a call for 30.  There is a Sun  Microsystem Java Plug in that pops up trying to install.  I go through the motions and it won't download because it says I have to verify the package exits.   Excuse me?  It's Cox email why doesn't it exist.  It's there program!  This isn't providing their customers with email when they don't even have an email program that works and you can't get help on chat or by calling.  I sent two complaints when they asked about service.  I actually LIKE ENHANCED  much better than Classic AND I HAVE THE RADIO BUTTONS AND CAN EMAIL IN HTML with enhanced.  The problem with that is that when I select enhanced, it takes several minutes to cross over and what's going to happen when I don't have access to Enhanced anymore when they retire it?    Didn't have this problem until Cox made their changes without telling their customers anything.   This whole situation has made me so angry that when anyone says Cox, I cringe and we do plan to change our cable and internet service to another carrier when we move.

• Posted by ADrewes
    24 Nov 2012 8:21 PM

Cox is just a terrible business all together. They want your money and that is all. They don't care about any of their customers. I can't wait to have another option other than satellite and with all the issues I've had with them satellite is looking more and more like the better option.

• Posted by rham
    15 Dec 2012 8:17 AM

Yes, quality has gone down and prices have gone up!!!!!!!!! If you call one of Cox's many numbers, all you get are recordings that lead you nowhere.

• Posted by Lily
    16 Dec 2012 6:23 AM

AZ. is not listed on the outage....but unable to access e/mail in AZ since 2300hrs last evening??

• Posted by NOVAKF
    16 Dec 2012 9:01 AM

Has anyone thought that the goverment and AGENDA 21 is being set for our e-mail

• Posted by lad
    16 Dec 2012 9:40 AM

We've just been told, both by phone with a Cox representative and on-line chat, that Enhanced Email is no longer to be available. This of course means that one cannot use the Contacts List that was with the Enhanced Email in the Classic Email mode that is now the only option. We were never notified that this was going to occur. How can we "retrieve" the Contacts Lists we formerly used in Enhanced mode and use them in Classic mode? Without the ability to have a Contacts List, Cox's email service is totally worthless!

• Posted by hobnob39
    16 Dec 2012 9:57 AM

It's always been awful.  Terrible online customer service (website) and now no email since the 12th.  Even the DVR is funky. I get the impression that cox wants to be congratulated for usually providing  service.  For 260 bucks a month, I expect perfection!  Still waiting for FIOS.  I'll be jumping ship immediately when it becomes available in my area. 

• Posted by Irritated consumer
    16 Dec 2012 10:43 AM

I think t is time to find a dfferent service provider as it appears Cox can't solve technical issues on the weekend.  My email has been down since Friday night at 7:00 and still down.  I have a business to run and can't communicate. 

I'm looking for a new service.  Any suggestions on quality service providers?

• Posted by Hezbollah
    16 Dec 2012 10:58 AM

Its true they want to run a internet system on old tech .Thats why they got caps on usage .Caps really so you can upgrade to a higher cost tier that you don't need .Im glad Verizon and others dont have caps

• Posted by bull
    3 Jan 2013 1:38 PM

Well I can tell you this !, A while back I talked to a Supervisor  about my problems and she said she would call me back about my issues with cox in cleveland . You guessed it She never called back and haven't heard from her since . Now you know where the problems are!