Introducing Cox Gigablast

Introducing Cox Gigablast

Internet Forum

Activity: 447 Replies | 54 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

Welcome to the Gigablast Internet thread where we invite you to discuss all things GIG Life related! 

Gigablast  is Cox’s fastest Internet ever – up to 100x faster than average broadband! Gigablast delivers speed to power all your devices at the same time and offers the fastest in-home WiFi available, lag free streaming, and downloads in the blink of any eye! 

Ready to get Gigablast? Visit cox.com/GIGLife to see if its available at your home. Already have Gigablast? Feel free to share your experiences or let us know how we can help keep you moving at the speed of life!

Cox Support Forums Moderator

All Replies
  • Posted by SharielH
    8 Oct 2017 3:48 PM
    Hey gdhenson,

We'd he happy to go over the account with you. Please send an email to cox.help@cox.com with your full name, address and a link to this forum to get started.

Shariel H.

-Cox Forums Moderator

• Posted by chlinthi
    9 Oct 2017 9:22 PM
    I've been a GigaBlast user in the Chandler, AZ area since it first came to the East Valley. There are time when all is good and I'm getting 900+mbps. But overall the performance is very INCONSISTENT to the point that al of the sudden my streaming TV content will cut out and if I check the bandwidth at the back of the Fiber equipment I'm only getting 2-10mbps. Then suddenly it will jump back to full bandwidth later. Has anyone else seen this same problem? Is there an internet speed tool available that I can set up to run at a schedule on a computer that will log the results so I can graph the times I'm losing the bandwidth and then try to determine if that coincides with some activity or at a certain time each day? I swear the cable based, modem service was more consistent than the fiber is now. I've called in about this before and they always just say "well, things look great on my side!" Please help. -Chip Linthicum -Chandler, AZ
  • Posted by angrynewraze
    10 Oct 2017 6:00 AM

I'm getting 1.04gigs download out of the tap which is on bottom floor of my complex and I'm also getting 1.04gigs download out of the coaxial ports in my place so why am I still not able to get gigablast added to my account what the heck is going on? I mean if the speeds are there for me to be able to have gigablast added to my account why then can it not be added to my account and be installed in my place?

Btw google fiber will never be in arizona. 1 of the cities of arizona sued google and forced them permantly out of everywhere in arizona. However there are multiple cities that do have gigablast being tested in them in arizona.

• Posted by MichaelJ
    10 Oct 2017 8:32 AM

Hi Chip, If you are experiencing intermittent issues and need assistance, we can schedule a tech to come out and investigate. You can do this over the phone as well with a tech support agent if you prefer. We can also help troubleshoot the issue with you. There is a service fee for a visit if the issue is inside wiring or customer owned equipment. If the issues are outside or with Cox owned equipment there is no charge. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. We are here 24/7.

Mike J.

• Posted by JonathanJ
    10 Oct 2017 5:31 PM
    @angrynewraze

We do not have any additional deployment details to share at this time about specific neighborhoods. We will share details of our full deployment plan for all markets when they are available. In the meantime, customers can visit www.cox.com/giglife to check for serviceability or to sign up to be notified when Gigablast is available in their neighborhood/market.

Jonathan J

• Posted by golf_nerd
    15 Oct 2017 6:57 PM

Hi Cox,

I've very excited to hear Gigablast is coming to my area! Yesterday I decided to upgrade to Gigablast after logging into my account and seeing that it was an available option. I purchased a Docsis 3.1 modem as suggested by Cox, and installed it. Once installed, I called to give them the MAC ID and then they "enabled" Gigablast. I ran a speedtest and received almost 800Mbps down. About an hour later, I noticed my WiFi speeds were crawling; so I ran a wireless speedtest and those results came back at 2.5Mbps down! I ran speedtest after speedtest and spent almost 2 hours on the phone AND had a technician come out this morning to test the line. After hours of troubleshooting with Cox reps and by myself, I decided to downgrade back to Ultimate and voila! Reverting back to Ultimate fixed everything. My WiFi was back to normal and I was getting the speeds I had before upgrading to Gigablast.

I live in a pretty new apartment complex in Tustin so I'm not 100% positive the infrastructure is there for Gigablast, but the system did let me upgrade and I (briefly) saw near-Gigablast speeds. If I use the Cox Gigablast availability checker, it shows my address is not available for Gigablast. Maybe it's a bug? I honestly don't know, but I would love to have gigabit speeds. I also find it strange that my entire network came to a crawl after "upgrading". Even hardwired speedtests were coming back at 52/53 Mbps. Every rep and the on-site tech showed the signal coming through at 1100Mbps, but I never got those speeds. I even tried running a network cable directly from modem to computer and was never able to pull an IP address. I kept getting a 169.254.

Sorry for the novel, and I look forward to an answer.

John

• Posted by IPAD Man
    16 Oct 2017 2:32 AM

New Web Mail Client is pure JUNK.

In NO way is it better than the old client.

when I attempt to OPEN, repeat, OPEN an email attachment, I get a statement, "No Preview Available."  I did NOT ask for a PREVIEW, just want to OPEN the attachment.

As others have said, it is really slow.

working with Folders is a JOKE compared to the old client.

Cox seems to think adding 'Drag and Drop' is cool.  Does not matter with IPAD cuz there is no mouse.

Cox needs to understand that BAD NEWS does not get better with age, and trash the new Client, then give us the option to return to the old client.

if Cox really is serious about a new Client for EMAIL, then develop something much better and put it out in BETA for evaluation.

• Posted by JonathanJ
    16 Oct 2017 6:43 PM
    @golf_nerd

We like to look into this please email full address and primary name on the account to
    cox.help@cox.com.

Jonathan J

• Posted by golf_nerd
    16 Oct 2017 7:00 PM

Thanks JonathanJ. I've sent an email.

thank you for the quick response.

• Posted by JonathanJ
    16 Oct 2017 7:18 PM
    @golf_nerd

Will be responding in a few minutes.

Jonathan J