Introducing Cox Gigablast

Introducing Cox Gigablast

Internet Forum

Activity: 447 Replies | 54 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

Welcome to the Gigablast Internet thread where we invite you to discuss all things GIG Life related! 

Gigablast  is Cox’s fastest Internet ever – up to 100x faster than average broadband! Gigablast delivers speed to power all your devices at the same time and offers the fastest in-home WiFi available, lag free streaming, and downloads in the blink of any eye! 

Ready to get Gigablast? Visit cox.com/GIGLife to see if its available at your home. Already have Gigablast? Feel free to share your experiences or let us know how we can help keep you moving at the speed of life!

Cox Support Forums Moderator

All Replies
  • Posted by KeltonAZ
    18 Dec 2014 8:53 PM

Do we know what the upload speeds are yet with Gigablast?  

Will this work with Vonage?

• Posted by TiffanyR
    19 Dec 2014 10:24 AM
    Hello KeltonAZ, 

You can find a list of our upload and download speeds at http://www.cox.com/aboutus/policies/speedsusage.cox . Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Tiffany R. 

• Posted by SamLinAZ
    3 Jan 2015 7:10 PM

I for one would like pricing information and install/equipment fees. I have been looking for this info for quite some time. Can anyone tell me the price or what they paid?

Also, can we get some specs on the Fiber gateway being used? Is there a AC provision to take advantage of N+ speeds?

I assure you my computer is more recent than Windows XP...

• Posted by Domp
    4 Jan 2015 11:17 AM
    Is there a way to transfer folders from Webmail (IMAP format) to Outlook?
  • Posted by SamLinAZ
    4 Jan 2015 1:13 PM

The folders will be visible in Outlook (2007 or newer) if the account is configured as IMAP in Outlook. If it is configured as POP3 you will need to remove and reconfigure the account. There is a setting for subscribed folders if you right click the account header in the left pane if some folders are missing.

Also this is waaaay the wrong place to be asking this. You might try a more email-related forum thread.

• Posted by StephanieA
    4 Jan 2015 2:46 PM

SamLinAZ

I for one would like pricing information and install/equipment fees. I have been looking for this info for quite some time. Can anyone tell me the price or what they paid?

Also, can we get some specs on the Fiber gateway being used? Is there a AC provision to take advantage of N+ speeds?

I assure you my computer is more recent than Windows XP...

Gigablast isn't available in all markets at this time and the information will vary. Here's a link where you can enter your information for notifications on the service. 

https://store.cox.com/residential-store/get-gig-life.cox

Stephanie A
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

• Posted by SamLinAZ
    4 Jan 2015 3:13 PM

Alright then any posters in this forum want to say what they are paying for the service?

I have called the local and 800 Sales line, Chatted with a Sales Agent (who recommended me to ask in this forum) and still cannot find any pricing information. I would ask that Cox be more forthcoming with this information.

I am in a West Phoenix suburb so I am hoping to have access to the service soon.

• Posted by bdodger
    4 Jan 2015 5:19 PM

I have had numerous dropouts for several hours especially on weekends. What gives Cox??

• Posted by ColleenD
    4 Jan 2015 6:48 PM
    SamLinAZ, 

Per our guidelines, Cox Support Forums are for customers to discuss technical topics related to Cox services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @coxhelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Have you filled out the form at the link Stephanie provided? Once you have, when service is available in your area you will be contacted and details will be provided.

ColleenD 

• Posted by SamLinAZ
    4 Jan 2015 7:21 PM

ColleenD
    SamLinAZ, 

Per our guidelines, Cox Support Forums are for customers to discuss technical topics related to Cox services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @coxhelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Have you filled out the form at the link Stephanie provided? Once you have, when service is available in your area you will be contacted and details will be provided.

"Welcome to the Gigablast Internet thread where we invite you to discuss all things GIG Life related"

Apparently except for pricing information, LOL!  As I have stated above I have done my due diligence in trying to find this info out and was directed to this forum by a Sales Agent from Cox. Either no one knows OR were told not to disclose pricing information. If the latter is the case, so be it but at least tell me if that is the case so I can stop asking. Directing me to a resource that is of NO help is not a solution. Being excited about this new service is not a bad thing! I would just like the basic pricing info. Can someone have a GigaBlast sales rep contact me directly?

• Posted by ColleenD
    4 Jan 2015 10:49 PM

SamLinAZ, 

You shouldn't have been directed to the forum and I apologize that you have been sent in circles. Our forums are designed for customers to assist each other with technical questions. As pricing  and other billing situations can vary from one area to the next and from one account to the next, forums probably isn't the best place to get the answer you are searching for. Please email cox.help@cox.com with your account information and I will see what I can find out for you. Including a reference to your forum posts would be appreciated.

ColleenD 

• Posted by ChrisL
    6 Jan 2015 6:30 AM
    @bdodger

I looked at your modem from here and everything appears to be healthy as far as I can tell.  Can you try testing without the router to see if that helps any?

-Chris

• Posted by deserttech
    11 Jan 2015 4:00 PM

jlemi - Not sure what kind of your computer you have, but XP is very much capable of gigabit speeds.  You need a computer with a gigabit ethernet card. So if the computer is a desktop that came with only a 100mb card, then purchasing a gig pci card should resolve that kind of problem.

If you have a notebook with a 100mb limit, that does complicate things.  But I can assure you XP can handle gigabit ethernet.

The biggest reason to upgrade your computer at this point is due to XP being no longer supported by Microsoft.  I'd be looking for a computer in which you can still get Windows 7 vs. 8.  Even though Windows 7 is no longer sold, it is still supported.

• Posted by chris_c21
    12 Jan 2015 4:59 PM

Here is another thread where the specifics (price, cap, equipment) for Gigablast were mentioned.

http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/5/t/6710.aspx

Cox Ultimate HSI, Arris SB6190, Netgear R7000 AC router.

• Posted by Augie
    23 Jan 2015 4:46 PM
    yeah......it is so fast it is not even pulling up WEBMAIL......sorry , but Cox is Pretty bad !!!!