WatchESPN needs to include Cox

WatchESPN needs to include Cox

Internet Forum

Activity: 12 Replies | 4 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

Since August 27th, WatchESPN is not available to subscribers of Cox Communications. We who are Cox subscribers can no longer watch ANY live programming on WatchESPN.com (on PCs or Macs) that isn't specifically designated as ESPN3 content (which is basically cricket and Canadian football right now). All the good stuff, college football, basketball, etc, basically anything from ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU, is closed off for us, except as replays.

When will Cox restore our ability to watch ESPNs live sports content, as we could before? And please don't pretend you need to see if there's demand for it.

All Replies
  • Posted by phage
    21 Nov 2012 4:06 PM

Second the request!Cool

• Posted by Folkken2009
    24 Nov 2012 5:58 PM

I strongly agree.  One reason Cox had an edge over the DSL provider in Tucson was the ability to stream ESPN channels via the Xbox console prior to August 27th.  I am unsure if they are currently in negotiations to bring this service back but the demand is there and some of us are quite happy having only an internet connection given the prices charged.

To any customer service representative that may be monitoring these forums:  demand for ESPN streaming service is certainly there.  Considering the recent price hikes, it would be nice to continue to have these services provided to us.  Thanks for your time and we look forward to finding out how this will be resolved.

• Posted by jephbrink
    30 Nov 2012 3:31 PM

I whole heartedly agree!

• Posted by coggwan
    2 Dec 2012 9:52 AM

You guys are all on target, is anyone out there from Cox?   Would be nice to get some response even just to tell us they are working on it.  Typical Cox customer service.   From what I can see, Cox is the only major cable company not on the WatchESPN app.

• Posted by ChrisL
    4 Dec 2012 9:45 AM

I'm not sure if this is being considered at this time but I'll be sure to pass your request along.  We are a participating online provider where you can watch from your PC however ESPN charges carriers like us an additional fee to make this offering availabe to mobile users.

-Chris

Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by JDJ
    7 Dec 2012 10:55 AM

I am really upset about not having the ability to view watchESPN on my computer and/or XBox like I could with ESPN3.  I cannot get a definitive answer if or when Cox will provide this service.  If Cox doesn't come through on this, I WILL be switching to FIOS.  What a big disappoinment!

• Posted by JDJ
    7 Dec 2012 11:07 AM

Chris,

What is the latest status on getting access to watchESPN?  I saw some place where this service cost $4 and change for a provider to het this service added.  If that's the case, why can't Cox add this to our monthly bill.  Not getting this service is very disappointing.  I will be switching to FIOS, along with several of my friends if Cox doesn't come through.  I realize that this is not your fault, but please let the proper personnel know of our great displeasure.

Regards,

JDJ

• Posted by ChrisL
    7 Dec 2012 1:30 PM

I believe ESPN requires this to be available to all subscribers whether they're interested or not.  Naturally there are some subscribers that don't see the value in this offering so we have to be considerate to their desires as well with regards to any sort of carriage negotiation.

-Chris

• Posted by olhokie
    7 Dec 2012 6:40 PM

I have been getting it all football season, at least Oct 1 when i moved here.

• Posted by ChrisL
    8 Dec 2012 7:07 AM

Just to clarify, ESPN has two streaming services.  There's ESPN3 for PC viewing which we've had carriage rights for now for a while however when they started offering mobile device access they decided to make this a separate channel requiring another separate carriage deal from us.

-Chris

• Posted by JDJ
    10 Dec 2012 7:20 AM

I don't understand how you're watchESPN when Cox doesn't currently offer it.  I do get ESPN3, but it is very limited compared to the games on watchESPN.

• Posted by Occasio
    13 Dec 2012 7:17 PM

So we have WatchESPN now.