New messages not loading in MyEmail

New messages not loading in MyEmail

Internet Forum

Activity: 14 Replies | 1 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

I have only just started using the new email interface, but new messages are not loading to the inbox. I have tried a number of things, including clearing my cache and reloading without caching. I know there are emails on the server because they arriving at my phone. Why does this happening? Is there a setting that I am missing?

All Replies
  • Posted by ColleenD
    1 Mar 2018 2:47 AM

Are you deleting the messages or moving them to other folders when you view the messages on your phone before checking webmail? If you are set up on your phone using IMAP your phone and webmail should exactly mirror each other. This is how most new phones configure email by default these days.

If you check your mail on any device using POP where you have the option to remove messages from the server enabled that device will be the only device where you will find those messages.

Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by Stellar
    1 Mar 2018 9:22 AM

No, I have not been deleting any emails via my phone or from Outlook on my home computer. Right now, my phone shows 17 new emails, plus a few that I have already read (but not deleted). All that shows in the new email interface is three old messages that I am pretty sure I already put in folders a few days ago.

I have also tried hitting Refresh, but nothing happens.The emails are not being delivered from the server.

• Posted by Stellar
    2 Mar 2018 11:26 AM

This is still happening. I cannot access my email through the new interface. I am still seeing only the three emails that have been displaying for days now. I can get them on my phone and using Outlook, so I know they are hitting the server, they are just not being pulled into the webmail interface. Was this even tested before it was rolled out?

• Posted by MariaL
    2 Mar 2018 2:22 PM
    Hi Stellar,

The link provided below will assist you with this issue.

Please check the settings on each of the devices you use to check your email.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

• Posted by BobCo
    3 Mar 2018 1:01 AM

check to see if your accounts have been set to Inactive. There is no warning or error messages if Cox has set them to Inactive except no emails out or in

• Posted by Stellar
    5 Mar 2018 8:11 AM

Thanks for your reply. I had already checked all of my accounts and they are fine. In any case, this is the main account, so I would not have expected to see it inactive.

• Posted by Stellar
    5 Mar 2018 8:15 AM

HI. Thanks for the reply.

The issues that I am having are with the webmail using a browser, which according to one of the FAQs on that page I should not have to make any changes in order to get my email. I have no issues with receiving email on my phone and through Outlook on my computer. 

• Posted by ColleenD
    5 Mar 2018 9:07 PM

Please check your devices (both your phone and Outlook) to see what server settings you are using. Particularly, please check the incoming mail server and let us know if you are using or If the servers are different on each device please clarify which is in use on each.

• Posted by Stellar
    7 Mar 2018 1:59 PM

My phone and Outlook are able to receive my emails just fine, so their settings must be OK. It is the webmail that will not pull in new emails.

• Posted by StephanieA
    8 Mar 2018 4:14 AM
    Please check the settings in your phone and Outlook to make sure the option to leave a copy on the server is selected.

Stephanie A
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

• Posted by Stellar
    13 Mar 2018 3:14 PM

Both are set to only remove a message from the server if it is deleted from another device. Right now, MyEmail is still showing three messages that I have long since foldered and no new messages. I can occasionally get into the old "Enhanced Email" option from the old page, but most of the time I cannot access webmail at all.

• Posted by ChrisL
    17 Mar 2018 6:08 AM

Could you try getting screen shots of the settings on your mail clients and posting them so we can investigate further?

• Posted by PurduePete
    20 Mar 2018 5:34 AM

We are having a very similar problem with my wife's email.

She uses Win7Pro and Outlook 2007.  About 5 days ago she suddenly stopped receiving messages into her inbox.  Messages are sent from Outlook with no problems, they just are not delivered to her inbox.  If she uses the 'web mail' application she can see there are messages waiting to be downloaded.  All of the recent security changes (SSL and port numbers) we made back in January.  My email continues to work fine.  Her settings are exactly the same as mine.

1) I ran 'scanpst.exe' on her PST file, and it found some errors.  These were reportedly successfully repaired; no change

2) I built a brand new PST file on her machine; no change

3) I added her account to my PC/Outlook (which works fine for my email); her incoming messages are NOT downloaded, when messages to my email account are downloaded.

I've called COX tech support twice, and they continue to tell me 1) check your email settings or 2) it's a Microsoft problem.  I think #3 above proves it is NOT a Microsoft problem, but rather something wrong in her email account at the server level.

• Posted by MichaelJ
    20 Mar 2018 8:30 AM
    Hi PurduePete, is she able to send/receive emails in Web Mail? Please check the settings to make sure they are still setup correctly:

Mike J.