New Webmail issues

New Webmail issues

Internet Forum

Activity: 47 Replies | 7 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

still no direction as to where to post email issues...Internet or apps? So I am here.

new issue as of yesterday, spam lands in my inbox...I try to send to spam...I've sent waaaay too many today so I cannot. I have to download into my email client and THEN I can forward to spamreport@cox.net.

Also had it tell me once that I could not send to "thisisnotspam" . What's with this ?

why wouldn't cox go to an email client & contract for this service? They obviously cannot deal with it. Or facilitate a deal to give us to some other email provider. 

I am so sick of this and now I'm being blown off by billing because email is "free." You know *** well it's built into the price of Internet, just like phone tools....which frequently doesn't work either...is built into the cost of phone. But because it isn't billed as a separate charge....I'm sol.

I love the techs...most are so good.  But I hate this company!

All Replies
  • Posted by SoonerAl
    4 Feb 2018 4:46 AM

I see a similar error on my iPad 4 when accessing webmail and trying to mark a particular email as SPAM.

"When all else fails read the instructions"...

• Posted by Becky
    4 Feb 2018 5:46 AM
    Thanks to both of you for this report. I was able to duplicate the issue this morning using my cox.net email account. When I clicked on the menu option within an email to "mark as spam", I received the following error:

"Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [spamreport@cox.net] (451 - 451 4.2.0 146.20.112.67 has exceeded the number of messages allowed per hour and has therefore been blocked for a period of three hours. If you have not been knowingly sending large volumes of email, this may indicate that your computer is infected with a virus which is sending emails without your knowledge. Please scan your system for viruses as soon as possible. The block will automatically be lifted at the end of the three-hour period. Please visit http://ww2.cox.com/coxagainstspam for more information."

Please provide the type of device you use to access your Cox email (PC, tablet, etc.), the device operating system, and browser version or app name. For example, I'm using a Windows 10 laptop, and I accessed Cox Webmail using Internet Explorer 11. I will get this reported at once!

Becky K.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by SoonerAl
    4 Feb 2018 6:56 AM

In my case an iPad 4 running iOS 10.3.3 using the Safari browser...

Please note I have not tried this on my Win 10 laptop using either the Edge browser or IE...

• Posted by Becky
    4 Feb 2018 7:51 AM
    Thanks for those details, Al! I'll provide an update on this issue as soon as possible.

Becky K.

• Posted by Tomzee
    4 Feb 2018 9:57 AM
    I have had the same issue. I was using the Ipad, then google chrome, then msn. Of course the message said it is my computer and I have a virus and again wasted my time scanning to find nothing, not that I hurt to do it I suppose. At least the last few days the spam filter seems to be working the best it ever has I am afraid this is the trade off.
  • Posted by AliceFaye
    4 Feb 2018 1:05 PM
    Becky
    Thanks to both of you for this report. I was able to duplicate the issue this morning using my cox.net email account. When I clicked on the menu option within an email to "mark as spam", I received the following error:

"Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [spamreport@cox.net] (451 - 451 4.2.0 146.20.112.67 has exceeded the number of messages allowed per hour and has therefore been blocked for a period of three hours. If you have not been knowingly sending large volumes of email, this may indicate that your computer is infected with a virus which is sending emails without your knowledge. Please scan your system for viruses as soon as possible. The block will automatically be lifted at the end of the three-hour period. Please visit http://ww2.cox.com/coxagainstspam for more information."

Please provide the type of device you use to access your Cox email (PC, tablet, etc.), the device operating system, and browser version or app name. For example, I'm using a Windows 10 laptop, and I accessed Cox Webmail using Internet Explorer 11. I will get this reported at once!

Same issue as the others. Can't mark & send anything to Spam for at least last 24 hours. Tried again several times after waiting for the 3 hour "reset", and no dice. Had my son come over and run 3 separate malware scans, and I have no infections. I have PC, Windows 7x64, Internet Explorer 11.
  • Posted by BobCo
    4 Feb 2018 3:22 PM

Agreed - A least you are getting emails. some of my Email Accounts are being set to Inactive every day or two for the past two weeks. I have to check the status of the emails twice or more a day so I will not miss some emails or not know a sent email when no where.

• Posted by Judy N
    5 Feb 2018 12:46 AM

Becky, I've been getting the same message for the last two days whenever I try to mark the spam in my inbox.  I'm using Windows 10 on a laptop. 

• Posted by socal transplant
    5 Feb 2018 1:51 AM

becky,

your 3rd party was notifying me of responses for a couple of days, now not. again. i had to go looking.

i'm using current ios for ipad mini and win7 on my desktop.

obviously ios on the mini & chrome on the desktop.

FYI today, the message changed . it's no longer accusing me of spaming cox (yeah, right. like it ever was.) but  there's still an error that doesn't allow the "requested action" to take place.

and for the 5th or 6th time, a tier 2 tech got my husband's offspring account email to work. cox is not saving our passwords. he was told to contact microsoft (he uses outlook.) but i use eudora...(look it up)...so it's not microsoft.  it's cox. stop sending people there. 

do what you can. i know you do not have an answer key.

• Posted by TiffanyR
    5 Feb 2018 7:39 AM

Judy N and AliceFaye.

Thank you for the feedback. We have included your information on the escalation.

Tiffany R. 

• Posted by SoonerAl
    5 Feb 2018 12:51 PM

In addition to the iPad 4 issue I am also seeing this on my Windows 10 laptop Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192) and the Edge browser version 41.16299.15.0...

• Posted by Tomzee
    5 Feb 2018 3:48 PM
    [Error An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request. This is what I get when using chrome and trying to put spam in the spam box.
  • Posted by Tomzee
    5 Feb 2018 3:52 PM
    Here is the latest from cox.mail: Error Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [spamreport@cox.net] (451 - 451 4.2.0 146.20.112.67 has exceeded the number of messages allowed per hour and has therefore been blocked for a period of three hours. If you have not been knowingly sending large volumes of email, this may indicate that your computer is infected with a virus which is sending emails without your knowledge. Please scan your system for viruses as soon as possible. The block will automatically be lifted at the end of the three-hour period. Please visit http://ww2.cox.com/coxagainstspam for more information. )
  • Posted by Brain01
    5 Feb 2018 5:34 PM
    Becky, I am also seeing this error on my iPad running iOS 11.2.5 when using both the email app and Safari. Thanks!
  • Posted by Becky
    6 Feb 2018 5:16 AM
    Thanks to everyone for providing details of the error that occurs when trying to mark an email as spam. Our Webmail administrators are working to resolve this issue. I'll update you as soon as we get further information!

Becky K.