Cox spam filter flags e-mail from Cox as spam

Cox spam filter flags e-mail from Cox as spam

Internet Forum

Activity: 4 Replies | 1 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

This is the ultimate false positive. Most Cox e-mail customers probably know by now that the Cox spam filter is notorious for mistakenly flagging legitimate mail as spam. Well, they have taken this failing filter to the highest level. Today, I received the monthly statement reminder from Cox, and it was flagged by their own spam filter as spam!

Since Cox doesn't seem to want to address the high false positive issue with their spam filter, this post may be a waste of time. However, if someone from Cox will tell me where to forward this spam-flagged e-mail, I'll be happy to do that. And please, don't tell me to forward it to ThisIsNotSpam@cox.net. I've already done that,

Thanks,

Tim

All Replies
  • Posted by Becky
    14 Nov 2017 12:15 PM
    Hi Tajkkj,

It sounds like the email contained a keyword or link flagged by Cox's Spam Blocker service. Adding the email address of the Cox statement reminder to your Address Book might prevent this from happening in the future. You have followed the correct procedure for submitting a report of a false positive spam email.

Becky K.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by tajkkj
    15 Nov 2017 2:37 PM

Becky, since the Cox spam filter flags these before they reach my inbox, they will still be flagged as SPAM when I get them. I have a filter for my Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program that looks for the SPAM flag in the subject and moves it into my SPAM folder. Obviously, my spam filter option is to allow spam-tagged subjects to go to my inbox.

Is it true that someone at Cox looks at each e-mail that is forwarded to ThisIsNotSpam@cox.net is inspected by a human? If so, there might be a chance to fix this. If it's all automated, it will not get fixed unless someone at Cox is told about it. That's why I made my initial post.

• Posted by deezyfresh
    15 Nov 2017 3:34 PM

happened to me when I moved and had to set up new service. I don't normally log into the online mail since I think it's horrible under the new set up and very slow. I saw the message about all my accounts getting deleted if I don't link them to my new account. This was in the SPAM folder and was about a week old once I saw it. Never showed up on my phones email.

I turned off spam filtering and I get 2 legit companies emails always going into the spam folder. I always miss them as they have timed coupons for me to use.

• Posted by ColleenD
    16 Nov 2017 12:42 AM
    tajkkj,

All emails sent to ThisIsNotSpam@cox.net are reviewed. It's emails forwarded here that help us fine-tune the spam filters, so please continue to forward any misidentified messages you might receive.

deezyfresh,

If you have turned off the Spam filter, all messages should arrive in your inbox. If you are finding emails in your spam folder which are not spam please forward them to ThisIsNotSpam@cox.net

ColleenD 
    Cox Support Forums Moderator