COX is not forwarding my mail 100%

COX is not forwarding my mail 100%

Internet Forum

Activity: 11 Replies | 3 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

I have my COX mail configured to forward my mail to my Gmail account.  This used to work 100% until they changed

my COX webmail from  Classic view to whatever they call it now.  Since the change (and I can't get it back to classic)

every once in a while someone will tell me they sent an email to me. I go on COX Webmail and there it is not forward

as configured to do so.  It does not happen all the time but occasional.  I would like to know why this new web mail look

does not forward 100% like the old trust worthy classic look did.  I also would like to say when COX made the change of their

Webmail look, they did not retain my forwarding of mail.  After a week of not getting any mail forward I was shock to see

all the mail on the Coxweb mail site and not forward as it should have been.   I should have been notified to go into the new look

and restore my configuration to forward mail.

Ken

All Replies
  • Posted by LatitiaS
    27 Oct 2017 12:29 PM

Hi KenK,

I am terribly sorry for the frustration and aggravation you have encountered since the launch of the new email platform.  Feedback from our customers is how we grow as a company, whether positive or negative.  I will certainly pass along your comments to our leadership team.  I'd like to gather some information about your forwarding issues.  Please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com.  Please be sure to include the URL so that we may identify you.  I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Latitia S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by dcdeb
    27 Oct 2017 4:45 PM

I have had the exact same issue -- some mail does not get forwarded, but from a few of my friends and my husband I am getting everything twice! This just started happening a few weeks ago after the changeover.

Deb

• Posted by KenK
    28 Oct 2017 11:07 AM

I sent an email explaining the problem I am still having with COX WEB MAIL not forwarding all incoming mail to my Gmail

account as configured to do so.    Not sure what you mean by asking me to forward the URL.   Thats usually a website

link.   As far as contacting me the customer support will see my email address from my email to them.

Ken

• Posted by DustinP
    29 Oct 2017 7:53 AM
    Hi Kenk,

I believe the requested URL to include in the email was the one to this forums thread.

Dustin

• Posted by LatitiaS
    29 Oct 2017 9:41 AM

Hi dcdeb,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with forwarding and duplicates. To remedy the duplicate emails, we recommend deleting all duplicate emails manually and be sure to remove any pre-existing inbox filters or rules.  Once the filter or rule has been removed, you will need to re-add the desired filters/rules back to the new Cox email platform to eliminate duplicate email messages going forward. This should stop the duplicates.  As for the forwarding difficulty, there is a known problem with customers forwarding from a Cox account to another Cox account.  Are you having issues forwarding to Cox addresses or non - Cox?

Latitia S.

• Posted by KenK
    12 Nov 2017 7:07 PM

Still having occasional emails not being forward as configured to do so.

Ken

• Posted by TiffanyR
    14 Nov 2017 1:47 PM
    Hi KenK,

Please ensure that you do not have any other rules or filters set up that would prevent your emails from forwarding.

Tiffany R. 

• Posted by kell490
    15 Nov 2017 9:50 PM

Do you have the Cox Spam filter turned on where it deletes spam email? For years I used this service it worked great get rid of the junk but recently it started to delete legitimate email I shut it off and have it send everything to me I just filter it with outlook. 

• Posted by KenK
    19 Nov 2017 11:45 AM

I continue to have this problem with email not being forward to my Gmail account.  I never had this problem until the

recent so called upgrade with COX Webmail.

Today I had 2 emails not forwarded.  They where from another COX user.

I do not have my SPAM filter turned on.

Can someone address this.

Ken

• Posted by KenK
    19 Nov 2017 11:49 AM

I would like to add I just manually forward the 2 recent emails that did not get forward automatically

and doing it manually I was able to forward them to my Gmail address. 

Please look into this matter.

Ken

• Posted by ChrisW
    19 Nov 2017 6:20 PM

Hi KenK,

Could you please provide the following information for the emails that were not auto-forwarded to your Gmail account and send it to cox.help@cox.com along with the URL for this forum thread.

1. Date of sending:
    2. Time of sending:
    3. Sent from:
    4. Sent to:
    5. Method of sending:
    6. Sender IP:
    7. SMTP Server:

Chris W.