Can't get email

Can't get email

Internet Forum

Activity: 77 Replies | 10 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by
I can sign on and get to the email page then an error message comes up:Folder "inbox" has been closed on mail server 127.0.0.1 Probably your request took too long. I have 73 emails that I cannot read. This has been going on for over a week. I have cleared cookies and cache. Tried other browsers and other computers all with same result and error message.
All Replies
  • Posted by Tombstone1881
    25 Jul 2017 10:32 AM

I've been having the same issue for 2 weeks now. If I'm persistent enough and keep refreshing I can sometimes get to my my inbox. I have a support ticket opened with Cox. There appears to be a number of people with this same issue as my ticket was added to the group.  Very frustrating. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any end in sight and no updates from Cox.

• Posted by sammie
    25 Jul 2017 11:35 AM
    Tombstone1881

I've been having the same issue for 2 weeks now. If I'm persistent enough and keep refreshing I can sometimes get to my my inbox. I have a support ticket opened with Cox. There appears to be a number of people with this same issue as my ticket was added to the group.  Very frustrating. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any end in sight and no updates from Cox.

Glad I am not the only one....I have a ticket also....this is my Aunt't computer and she is using windows 7. I don't know if that is part of the problem because I have windows 10 and mine is working most of the time. I have a hard time signing in sometimes.
  • Posted by EdwardH
    25 Jul 2017 6:48 PM
    Sammie, the ticket for the issue is still pending however there is a update planned later this week to hopefully address the specific error. If you are still seeing issues by the weekend please let us know.

---

Ed H. - Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by sammie
    27 Jul 2017 2:50 PM
    EdwardH
    Sammie, the ticket for the issue is still pending however there is a update planned later this week to hopefully address the specific error. If you are still seeing issues by the weekend please let us know.

---
    Thank you Edward....still not working on Thur afternoon plus still a problem with google search....I will wait until this weekend to see if things improve. Thanks again.
  • Posted by AZRoy
    28 Jul 2017 8:25 PM

I get the same error as well.  Customer NO-SERVICE keeps giving me the run around telling me soon soon soon.

I sent a complaint to KTVK's 3 On Your Side to see if they can help light a fire under Cox.

• Posted by Grizpsych
    29 Jul 2017 12:40 PM

For the past few days I have been able to login to Cox email, but I cannot access any emails on any devices. I hope Cox can provide recommended fix ASAP, as I have important work-related emails. Maybe they heard that I was looking into other home service providers. AZ subscriber.

• Posted by Allan
    29 Jul 2017 6:29 PM

@ Grizpsych

Are your getting any error messages when trying to sign in?

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by sammie
    31 Jul 2017 5:15 PM
    This problem was supposed to have been solved by last weekend, yet now I have many, many more emails that I cannot read. What is the problem with Cox??? I have been a customer of yours for over 40 years and it is getting to be more of a problem every year and my bill keeps going up!!!!!
  • Posted by waldohere
    31 Jul 2017 5:36 PM

Add me to the list with this problem. I have 379 emails I can't get into my Inbox.

• Posted by Becky
    1 Aug 2017 4:56 AM
    The estimated time of repair for this issue is 8/4/17. I apologize for the delay!

@Waldohere: are you also getting the 127.0.0.1 error?

Becky K.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by beth beth
    2 Aug 2017 5:44 PM
    Folder "INBOX" has been closed on mail server 127.0.0.1. Probably your request took too long. Is it really true that this will be fixed on 8/4? I (like many others) have time-sensitive emails that I cannot access. This is truly incredible and frustrating?
  • Posted by Dednjo
    2 Aug 2017 5:59 PM

I am having the same issue and getting the same error message. My wife is getting her emails using the exact same computer. We really need this fixed ASAP.

• Posted by beth beth
    2 Aug 2017 6:04 PM
    This seems to be related to the number of messages in the folder. When I hover over my inbox, it says there are over 500 (a fraction of which are unread that I really need to read!), and I know I don't have that many. Makes me wonder what happened when the email backend was recently changed. Cox really is sticking it to their users with this one. It's not like this is a free email service.
  • Posted by Becky
    3 Aug 2017 4:20 AM
    We are still waiting for an update on the 127.0.0.1 issue. We'll let you know as soon as we have further information.

Becky K.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by Tombstone1881
    3 Aug 2017 2:39 PM

As stated in a previous post, I've been having this issue for over 3 weeks now. When I spoke to Tier 2 support last weekend I was told that a fix was scheduled for today (Aug 3rd) and I see a post above stating a fix by tomorrow (Aug 4th). Now does Becky's latest post mean that Cox no longer has an anticipated date for the fix?