Why are Prices going up again ?

Why are Prices going up again ?

Internet Forum

Activity: 28 Replies | 6 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

Prices are going up again on both Cox Internet and TV.  Why?  When I am getting the same Internet starter pack and using the same DVR box.  Gee Whiz  give us a break.  How many times a year do we have to have an increase in both internet and TV?  AT&T is way cheaper and so is Time Warner. 

On my TV , I am not getting any new channels and the same DVR receiver price is going up also. 

What does everyone else think?

All Replies
  • Posted by Kyros
    5 Mar 2013 2:54 PM

I dont mind price hikes.. What I do mind however, is not getting anything in return.. like increased internet speeds ect that I've been stuck with for awhile now, while many other states have already had their networks upgraded to pump out faster and more reliable speeds :/

• Posted by sparky
    16 Mar 2013 1:14 PM

My internet Essentials price went up as well from $34.99 to $39.99. That is a 14.25% increase and $ 72 increase for the year! I have both spoken to and emailed Cox customer service about this increase. My download speed is still 3Mbps with no increase in speed. How can they justify a huge price increase and not even give me an equivalent increase in speed which would be 7.28 Mbps. I was told that for the last 8 years Cox has increased the speed for Preferred and Premier accounts and the increase pays for increased technology. Essential customers are just as important and expect value for their money. In my area, Cox and Verizon are the two major players for internet service, not much competition for a small state. You're fortunate that your internet speeds were increased. Cox keeps raising prices and we are seeing no benefits as Essential customers. We can't even lock in rate prices for two years. My state is of no help since there isn't any way to regulate the cable companies. The internet is my lifeline and it's all I can afford because of limited income. I don't think the majority of people in my state along with the rest of the USA received 14.25% raises!! Cox Cable, the slogan "your friend in the digital age" is not a reflection of the hefty price increases and getting nothing for it. 

• Posted by Domino
    16 Mar 2013 3:24 PM

sparky

My internet Essentials price went up as well from $34.99 to $39.99. That is a 14.25% increase and $ 72 increase for the year!

New math? Or, how does a $5/month increase equal $72 yearly? A 14.4 month year, perhaps?

• Posted by DerrickW
    17 Mar 2013 8:25 AM

Hi C.E.E.

Price increases are never fun for any of us! Please know that we try to absorb as much of the increased cost to do business as possible. We value your loyalty, and certainly do not want to lose you as a customer--especially since other providers are also increasing their prices. If you haven't called in to discuss your account in a while there may be service adjustments we can make to tailor our products to your needs. Feel free to email my team at coxhelp@cox.com if you would like further assistance. We're happy to help!

Derrick W.
    -Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by JashuaPatricio
    19 Mar 2013 10:20 PM

Price increases are never fun....my total bill jumped $30 dollars this past month so I ditched the cable.  Customer service called me and asked if I wanted to "Price Lock".  It turns out they were locking me into this higher rate.  WOW guys.  C'mon!

• Posted by Anne Marie
    20 Mar 2013 4:50 PM

My bill went up $27.00 this month. I too am sick and tired of the increases. I will be looking into Verizon to see if I can lower my cost.

• Posted by XXYYXX
    20 Mar 2013 10:23 PM

They need to offer more tailored internet choices. I'm someone who needs more upload speed, but doesn't need so much download, like honestly, is it really that hard? I'm sure all you have to do is change a couple values and bam. The throttling moves to a new level...

I'm jumping ship as soon as there's a viable alternative in my area.

• Posted by bonbowl
    21 Mar 2013 2:49 AM

I agree, you see all of the ads for new customers only.. what about all of us who pay our bill as soon as we get it? No breaks for loyal customers? We pay for channels no one in the house watches or listens to.. $212.08 is ridiculous for western , military and local channels..no special recordings etc... Give us GOOD customers a break & charge new ones more. Let them see if they would like to use cox cable then. 

• Posted by Domino
    22 Mar 2013 1:36 AM

bonbowl

I agree, you see all of the ads for new customers only.. what about all of us who pay our bill as soon as we get it? No breaks for loyal customers? We pay for channels no one in the house watches or listens to.. $212.08 is ridiculous for western , military and local channels..no special recordings etc.

$212.08 for only "western , military and local channels..no special recordings etc." Ah...I don't think so. And, it is the programmer who stipulates in the contract which tier its channels should be on, and bundles most if not all of its programs together. So the cable company must place them on a specific tier, and charge you for the entire tier - even if you watch only 2 or 3 of the programs. As far as "a la carte" goes, be careful what you wish for. For substantial savings with a la carte pricing, chances are you'd have to drop more programs than you realize.

• Posted by MikePemberton
    24 Mar 2013 10:00 PM

Besides raising the price so that I now pay over $56 a month they also sent me an email saying that my account is only allowed 250GB of information per month (uploads and downloads) and then had me look at a chart of my supposed use that showed just as much info on the two days my cable was dead and I a tech had to come and tell me that the wiring was all cheap and badly done (I paid to have it installed). So this company wants us to pay for service, but not use it.

Which to some 250GB sounds amazingly high. If you have a few computers in your home or if you like streaming Netfllix and Hulu in HD, all that starts to add up. Cox is so sure that we don't have a choice but to use their service, the punishment for going over repeatedly is they say they will terminate our service. Not sure about anyone else but I am ready to pay for slower speed with a company that WANTS my service.

I have worked in the cable industry for 6 years in Colorado and Los Angeles, in customer service. I was a supervisor for two of those years. This is a greedy company that know they have no decent competition in this city. To everyone reading this. DO NOT STAY SILENT AND COMPLICIT TO THIS TREATMENT! Tell your friends, tell the company and tell your senators and representatives, that in a city listed in the top 10 of worst economically, Our rates are higher, the service works decently, but what good is getting faster speed if that is only going to make me hit my cap even faster?

• Posted by MikePemberton
    24 Mar 2013 10:09 PM

I have paid full price for everything for the last two years because I pay for the cable TV through my rent, and unless I added phone I was told there is nothing that they could do. I was told by three agents that unless I had all three in the rate you offer or get a cheaper plan that is slower, I had to pay the price.If you are going to start saying that you are doing all of this because of your costs. I want to see COX put a link up showing ALL THE FINANCIAL RECORDS down to how much executives are making and lay it all out for us to see. Until then I don't believe that is the case as much as I am told that I download just as much on days when the service isn't working. Your company's attitude is really lacking humility.

• Posted by Domino
    25 Mar 2013 12:13 AM

MikePemberton

I want to see COX put a link up showing ALL THE FINANCIAL RECORDS down to how much executives are making and lay it all out for us to see.

Now THAT'S funny!

I demanded the same thing from the phone company the last time they raised my rates. THEY sure got a chuckle over it!

• Posted by MRB
    2 Apr 2013 10:28 PM

Cox raises rates for no other reason that they can. I used to have TV with them for years but when they became too greedy i left them for a dish and it works great...the money Cox spends on trying to get me to come back on their services has to be more than what they were gonna make if i paid the stupid increase. I am looking for other alternatives to my internet because of the increase as well i advise everyone to do the same ....and tell your friends !!!!

• Posted by Drop Cox
    3 Apr 2013 12:22 AM

I'm switching to AT&T. I used to be able to email a Cox customer service rep who was great (two years ago) and would give me the latest deals and adjust my subscriptions and explain a fee, but they got rid of that easy access now you have to call. I called and told them I was dropping Cox and they just didn't care. No offers to keep me. So forget it. I'm paying almost double what I signed on for two years ago and can't get good customer service. My internet is slow too, and the Cox email is a joke. I just use it for my junk email. 

• Posted by ChrisL
    3 Apr 2013 7:05 AM

I would definitely encourage you to speak with our local sales team to discuss what promotions or incentives your account may be eligible for to make sure you're getting the best possible value out of our services.

-Chris

Cox Support Forums Moderator