Forum Discussion

Atrain
New Contributor
11 years ago

SyFy Now App

Can't log in to view content

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I can't log in either. You get to the screen to choose Cox, and then the next step says error 403 content forbidden.  I have cox cable and get syfy on my tv, so why can't I log into the app?  Was able to view first three episodes of Helix, but fourth is locked and it won't allow me to sign in?.??  Frustrated?

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Just for the heck of it, try logging out and then accessing the page and see if you get a error, same error. HTML 403 errors occur when the connection to the server is rejected due to some kind of access rights on the page. Usually its when a page rejects direct linking, so you can't just make your own page and link to their content. 

My guess is its a issue with the 3rd party DRM which is integrated into the flash PDK. I tried watching some movies and I had issues, even though I don't have a Cox cable scription. This says to me its probably not a Cox issue. Here is one example, the sound doesn't kick in until 23min.

Atrain
    New Contributor

As stated by the other poster, it's a 403 "Access Forbidden" message that comes up when you click on the Cox logo to try to sign in with your Cox ID. This occurs on the website and on iPhone and iPad apps.

Killerbat
    New Contributor

Hello everyone, I am having a HORRIBLE issue with Syfy right now. I can attach my cox account BUT when I try to sign on it gives this error

Error: redirect_uri_mismatch

The redirect URI in the request: http://socialize.syfy.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx? did not match a registered redirect URI

Learn more

Request Details
    Then when I go into the 5th episode of Helix it gives me a Authorization Error. I have deleted my account, reset my chrome specs AND deleted all of my cookies. I cannot get this to work, ANY help would really be nice so I can watch Helix on my computer. I have cox flex and cable fyi. THANK you
  • Killerbat, 

Are you viewing a particular show or episode when the error occurs or is this immediately after signing in to the main part of the site?  Please reply with the browser link you are at immediately prior to the error occurring. If this issue is occurring when trying to view a particular show or episode you'll need to contact SyFy directly at http://www.syfy.com/feedback/

JamieB
    New Contributor

I am seeing the same issue and wanted to provide a little more information for troublshooting.  I first noticed it with Helix, ep 5, on syfy.com.  I first want to describe the sequence of events I see.  

1. I authenticate without error to Cox.
    2. I click on the show (Helix)
    3. I click on the episode (7)
    4. The pane for the video opens and shows the still image from the episode for 1-2 seconds, then blanks.
    5. The video pane goes black, and  I seen a message "Your program is about to begin...", which remains for ~5 seconds
    6. The video pane goes gray and toward the top center of the video pane is the message "Authorization Error" in orange text.  Nothing further happens.

Based on some responses below, I tried other episodes as well as other shows, and here are the findings:

Helix - All episodes (4-7) exhibit this behavior

Bitten - Two episodes (6,5) exhibit the behavior

Defiance - Two episodes tested (11, 12) work correctly

Being Human - 7 episodes tested (3:13, 4:2-6).  Season 3 episodes all work, season 4, episode 2 works, but all other exhibit the behavior.

FaceOff - 6 episodes (1-6) tested, episodes 1-2 work, 3-6 fail

A little more digging suggests that there is an issue with ALL episodes for ALL shows on SyFy with an air date later than about Jan 20, give or take.  There's a little variability in the shows.  

This might be a SyFy issue, but what changed in late January that might have impacted the way the shows on SyFy authenticate to Cox? 

Thanks!

• JamieB, 

Since the problem you are having is only occurring on certain programs and/or episodes I suggest contacting SyFy at http://www.syfy.com/feedback/ Any authentication changes would have happened on SyFy's side, and I've seen no reports of issues on our end.

Sobriquet
    New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. On my computer, I get an authorization error. On my iPad, I get a message stating "Uh-oh. You need to add this channel. Your TV subscription does not include this channel. Please contact your TV Provider about upgrading your service to get access."  The problem is that my subscription does include SyFy.

DerrickW
    Valued Contributor

Hi Sobriquet,

That is something we need to look into on our end if you are currently subscribed to that channel. Also, make sure you're logged in Send an email to cox.help@cox.com, include the name and the address listed on the account. We can look into this further.