Forum Discussion

chelsea949
New Contributor
5 years ago

Contour App

I rely on the Contour app on my iPad and over the last week I've discovered that there is no sound available on certain channels.

so far it's Bravo and HGTV

17 Replies

hallh2004
    New Contributor

I don’t have sound on my computer or iPad on certain channels.  None of local work unless I have Spanish enabled. We need a fix Cox! It’s been three weeks!!

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Hallh2004

We like to investigate the no audio issue when you have a moment please sens the full-service address and name to cox.help@cox.com.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @chelsea949 Hi Chelsea949, I am unable to replicate this issue using the Contour App on my personal iPhone. Can you please try and uninstall the app and reinstall it, to see if that resolves the issue? Also, is the iPad the only device currently impacted? If you're still having issues, please email us at cox.help@cox.com, so we can escalate this. I understand the audio issue can be quite inconvenient, and we're sorry you're having this experience. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      mlrdking
      New Contributor

I uninstalled the app on my iPad. When I tried to install it, I got a message that the app was not compatible with my iPad.

ChrisL
        Former Moderator
        This often indicates that the iPad may be an older model not running the most update to date software. Can you try checking to see if there are any system or iOS updates for this device?

-Chris
      CrystalS
      Former Moderator
      If the issue persists please reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com. We can investigate what is going on with the app.

Crystal
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
      CrystalS
      Former Moderator
      Please send an email cox.help@cox.com to investigate this issue.

Crystal
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
      ekhawaii
      Contributor

Try the SAP slider on/off in the lower rt bottom box next to the gear.  Seems to work for some Apps users and for some that use watchtv on the PC.  Does not seem to happen in all grids across the country.  If SAP doesn't work, try the Video Description.  Cox is aware.

Becky
      Hi Everyone, our video team is investigating the issue causing no audio on some channels on watchtv.cox.com and the Contour App. Please provide the channel names that don’t have audio, the device and operating system you are using (Ex: Windows 10 PC; iPhone with iOS 12.3.1, etc.), and the internet browser (if you are using watchtv.cox.com) so we can forward this info to the video team. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    hallh2004
    New Contributor

I don’t have sound on my computer or iPad on certain channels.  None of local work unless I have Spanish enabled. We need a fix Cox! It’s been three weeks!!

ekhawaii
      Contributor

halih2004....type keyboard s, or slide the sap slider located in the box that is next to the gear.  Type ? for a list of shortcuts that you can us on watchtv.cox.com.  You need to tell us what channels and the location of your service because COX has this problem across many different markets that have channel numbers that differ.  What is very sad is that COX does have this issue... refuses to say what the basic issue is and what fixes are attempted... or just Don't know what to do.  I've asked them for why or if the software they have for different markets and stations has a bit error or a dip switch that needs tweaking....No Response, other than techs are looking.  Right now, my watchtv in SoCal does not work for 7(ABC) or 9(KCAL) no sound or stuck.  You just need to keep complaining and try the "s" or SAP (secondary audio slider).

This problem is not like a modem or line or package that you have to your house.  It's a market area that is affected.  I do use it, just watch on TV which has has sound...

bObRugby
        New Contributor

i agree, fix it COX..  what is the problem???

ekhawaii
      Contributor

halih2004...I noticed that some of you that use the temp fix or the keyboard s or SAP slider to get the sound back or even unstuck the screen....that you are getting Spanish instead of English.  Try going to the watchtv.cox.com Gear (upper rt) settings and see if you can change the Language from Spanish back to English for SAP.  Now try the toggle.  Granted, this is a temporary fix, and COX must address, however, different markets have different stations that Fail.  If temporary is not good enough, then make an email complain to them.