Forum Discussion

OMAQman
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Forum Settings Not "Sticky"

Day before last, and out of the blue, I started receiving email notifications about forum posts.  Not just my posts, but EVERYBODY'S posts.  I turned off email notifications long ago.  And now they are turned back on.  By somebody.  Not me.  I have tried to turn them off again in my forum settings.  But when I hit the "Save" button nothing appears to happen.  As in, nothing.  Like the "Save" button doesn't work.  And for sure if I log out of the forums and log back in, the notification check boxes are all checked again.  I figured maybe it was a browser scripting thing, so I used a different browser.  Same result (or non-result, so to speak).  I used both Google Chrome (with scripting enabled), and Microsoft Edge (default settings).

I also tried using the "computer" icon/image in upper left of forum pages (per a suggestion in somebody else's post on this same/simiar issue) and made sure I wasn't subscribed to "daily digests".  I wasn't.  And again this morning, more forum emails in my Inbox.

So, I need a fix.  I can write a junk mail rule, but what I would really like is for the forum settings to, you know, work.

5 Replies

• I found that you were subscribed to the Internet Forum and it was set to email you with any updates to forums that you are subscribed to. I have unsubscribed you from that forum, let me know if that takes care of it.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      OMAQman
      New Contributor II

Hey, Brian.  Thanks for looking into this.  But it seems some additional tweaking may be required.  I just got another forum email notification, like, 15 seconds ago.  And out of curiousity, what's up with the "Settings"?  Why can't I tweak my own settings and make them "stick"?

ColleenD
        OMAQman, You can change your own settings but must save them at the bottom of the page. -ColleenD Cox Support Forums Moderator