Forum Discussion

dagneyhua
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Email and error loading page.

I have had nothing but trouble trying to access my email account. This has been a real issue for months now. Sometimes it takes me over a week to gain access to my own email account! I have tried getting tech support from Cox, but  they were of no help. The best clue I've gotten is from the Firefox browser and it showed that the page is being reset before reaching the site. I have complained that the email sign on page shows as a non-secure site, as well as my email account page. Once I've signed on, it also shows as being a non-secure site. What is going on?  I just checked to see if cox email was down again, and it seems like the problem is wide spread and long lasting . What's going on Cox? Your leaving your customers without access to important communications and a feeling that if we do gain the ability to check our emails through your service, we are open to hackers! 

• same issue here it is on cox side and we should not have to pay the high prices for not being able to acces our emails  every time they try an upgrade it just scews up something else 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello. Are you able to access our website while using a different browser such as Chrome? Also, are you able to access our website with a different device or computer?
    Chousel
    New Contributor II

C'mon now - this is a problem on the Cox end that should have been fixed a long time ago! Maybe it's time to fire the third party vendor?

server_down
      New Contributor

same issue here it is on cox side and we should not have to pay the high prices for not being able to acces our emails  every time they try an upgrade it just scews up something else 

LisaH
        Hi. We appreciate your patience while we institute a new email platform since our old one was outdated and had limited functionality. The best way to access your email is going to myemail.cox.net, which redirects to idm.east.cox.net/.../myemail. You can also use a 3rd party email program like Outlook or Apple Mail. You can also use a mobile device like a smartphone and add your cox email account to the mail app. Please let us know if you need further assistance as we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. Have a great holiday weekend! Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Shir
      New Contributor

I've been having the same problem for a long time.  I called in to get help but what they tell me doesn't work.  I try & try to access my email to no avail.  Sometimes after trying for half an hour, it lets me access it but other times I can't even access it.  Cox keeps going up on their rates but can't even provide service.  I'm getting tired of this.