Forum Discussion

Wryans01
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Im having trouble logging into my cox acct thru the app

Everytime i try to log in it keeps sayimg something about wifi connectivity

• I suggest you go into your cell phone settings and TURN OFF WiFi. One would think the cell phone would automatically switch from WiFi (which comes from your Cox internet connection when things are working nomally) to your cell phone's Internet service... but mine didn't. (Later, during another Internet outage, it did switch over automatically.)

All you need to do is go into your phone's WiFi settings and TURN OFF WiFi for the time being. (Call your cell phone provider for help on turning off WiFi.)

REMEMBER to re-connect to WiFi after your Cox service is restored. It doesn't take long before you run through you cell phone data allotment without WiFi.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I suggest you go into your cell phone settings and TURN OFF WiFi. One would think the cell phone would automatically switch from WiFi (which comes from your Cox internet connection when things are working nomally) to your cell phone's Internet service... but mine didn't. (Later, during another Internet outage, it did switch over automatically.)

All you need to do is go into your phone's WiFi settings and TURN OFF WiFi for the time being. (Call your cell phone provider for help on turning off WiFi.)

REMEMBER to re-connect to WiFi after your Cox service is restored. It doesn't take long before you run through you cell phone data allotment without WiFi.

• Hi Wryans01, what is the full text of the error you receive? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator