Forum Discussion

huskergma34
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Signing into TBS/USA app on iPhone with Cox

I have an iPhone 7 and am trying to access both TBS & USA using my Cox account.  I have been able to do this fine with other stations like TNT & Oxygen, but when I login to the TBS app it says "You are not authorized to view this content.  Please contact your payTV provider for further assistance".  For USA it says, "Uh-oh.  You need to add this channel".  I have both channels on Contour and I watch them on my television all the time. 

I've tried signing out and back in.  I've tried rebooting my phone.  I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the TBS & USA apps.  None of these things work.  Can anyone please help?

Becky
    6 years ago
    Hi Huskergma34, I'd like to see if you can play content via the TBS website, or if you get an error. Using an internet browser, go to www.tbs.com/watchtbs. Click on one of the shows displayed as "On Now". The video should start to play, and the message "enjoy this free preview from TBS" should display. You should also see a pink button that says "Sign in for full access." Click the pink button, choose Cox as your provider, and enter your Cox User ID and password when prompted. If you get an error or the page doesn't load successfully after you click the blue Sign-In button, click your browser's refresh button to reload the page. You should see a pop-up box that says "Congratulations! You're now ready to watch on mobile, tablet, or the web." Click the blue "Watch Now" button, and the full video should begin playing. Are you able to go through these steps and successfully watch a TBS video? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Huskergma34. Are you currently trying to access these channels on your home network or are you away from home?
      huskergma34
      New Contributor

Away from home.  I don't have any internet at home; these are the only two I have trouble with.  The other apps are working fine, including the Contour App.

Becky
        Hi Huskergma34, I'd like to see if you can play content via the TBS website, or if you get an error. Using an internet browser, go to www.tbs.com/watchtbs. Click on one of the shows displayed as "On Now". The video should start to play, and the message "enjoy this free preview from TBS" should display. You should also see a pink button that says "Sign in for full access." Click the pink button, choose Cox as your provider, and enter your Cox User ID and password when prompted. If you get an error or the page doesn't load successfully after you click the blue Sign-In button, click your browser's refresh button to reload the page. You should see a pop-up box that says "Congratulations! You're now ready to watch on mobile, tablet, or the web." Click the blue "Watch Now" button, and the full video should begin playing. Are you able to go through these steps and successfully watch a TBS video? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator