Forum Discussion

tonguetwister
New Contributor III
7 years ago

iHeartRadio app - Your music, your way - what's the deal?

Among other notifications and advertisements in an email I got yesterday from Cox was one about iHeartRadio. Thinking it might be a bit like the Pandora station I have added to my Roku and curious about it I clicked on the link. Now, one would presume by that action that additional information about this app would be provided, such as music genres, whether or not the app would use any of my monthly data, which platforms it works on (mobile or Contour 2 box), what degree of "FREE" it is to the user and more importantly, the hows and wheres to set up and add the app to my Contour. But no. The link brought me to a Cox Troubleshooting page. In all fairness there was on that Troubleshooting page a link to Recover or create an account by visiting iHeartRadio at https://help.iheart.com/hc/en-us but even there I saw no instructions for how to set up an account, whether the app was meant to be used with Cox Contour 2 or an external streaming device, or any costs involved in utilizing the app.

The iHeartRadio app on Contour allows you to search for your favorite radio stations or find a new favorite from more than 800 live radio stations.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Chaloots,

Contour 2 customers with Cox residential Internet service now have access to over 800 live radio stations directly from their Contour 2 receiver.

iHeartRadio is located in the Contour Apps menu. To get started, simply say “iHeartRadio,” into your voice remote, or navigate to iHeartRadio through the App menu (found in the “Entertainment” section). Additionally, you can access iHeartRadio stations from the Contour Music menu. While you don’t need to create an iHeartRadio account to listen to and search for music, creating an account will allow you to create Favorites lists for your preferred artists and deejays.

There are no additional charges associated with accessing the iHeartRadio app through your Contour 2 receiver. iHeartRadio is delivered via Cox High Speed Internet service, so it does impact Data Usage Billing. I apologize for any confusion!
    tonguetwister
    New Contributor III

The steps on how to access and use iHeartRadio are appreciated, Becky. Thanks. I also read today that iHeartRadio is filing for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. With that in mind as well as the knowledge that iHeartRadio uses my monthly data I think I'll stick with Cox' Music Choice and Pandaora on my Roku.