This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Email Error when sending

I started getting a weird error today when I attempt to send an email. 

Server error: 550 5.1.1 relaying not allowed. I also can not get my email to send at all on my new android phone, can receive though. Had to set up gmail to be able to send. Whats going on with Cox email all of a sudden. 

• Eddie005

Please check your outgoing mail server and make sure the port number is set to 465 with the SSL box is checked. Port number 25 for outgoing mail is not secure, so we aren't using it anymore.

StephanieS
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Hi, I did check and set the server and port settings a month or so ago when you sent out the email advising us to do so. I did check those settings before making this post and they are still correct. I just attempted to reply to an email and am still getting the same error. I also can not get my android phones to connect to the server to send. Don't know what you have changed lately but it is messing up a lot of folks email.

• Cox doesn't care. They change settings without testing. Many people are having issues
  • Hello Eddie005,

What do you have listed for the smtp server address? 

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator