Forum Discussion

j-peg
New Contributor
7 years ago

Cox Connect app on iPhone missing settings

I use the Cox Connect app on my iPhone to forward calls from my Cox home phone to my iPhone and also to turn Call Waiting on/off on my Cox home phone.  At least I used to do that.  The settings for call forwarding & call waiting are no longer appearing on the app.

I need to get these settings back.  I can still do the same using the features online on my computer when I'm at home, but that's not the point.  I need to be able to use them when I'm AWAY from home.

I chatted about this issue with Cox two weeks ago & when the customer service agent ran out of ideas I was told a ticket was put in and that someone would call me about the issue.  No call.  Never heard from anyone and the app still doesn't work.  And yes, I have deleted & reinstalled it twice, to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem?  Any solutions?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MarkM1
    Former Moderator

j-peg,

I have checked the feature here & do still show those features on the app. Would you please check the app store to see if there is an update for that app? Do you have another device that you can test with to see if it is working on that as well?

j-peg
    New Contributor

Mark,

I have an iPad and just checked the Cox Connect app on there--the settings for call waiting and call forwarding are available.  I checked the App store and did not see any other version of the Cox Connect app so downloaded it a third time but the settings are still missing. 

I'm beginning to think this has something to do with the last OS update on the iPhone and if so, who would fix it?  Cox or Apple? Neither is likely to respond to one complaint.  There's another update for my iPhone waiting to install so I'll try that & see if it helps, but I doubt it.

j-peg
    New Contributor

Updated the OS on the iPhone and the settings are still missing from the Cox Connect app. 

MarkM1
    Former Moderator

j-peg,

Would you please check the app again on the iPhone? We believe we have a patch in place that should fix the issue you were having with this app. Please let us know if it is working as well.

j-peg
    New Contributor

MarkM1,

I deleted the app & downloaded a new copy but alas, no, the settings still are not there.  The Voicemail on/off setting has been there all along, but the other two, call waiting & call forwarding, are still missing.

• Hi j-peg,

Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, complete address, the primary user ID and iOS version so we can have this issue investigated.