Forum Discussion

fitbyfifty
New Contributor
7 years ago

Contour App - Getting an error when connecting my iPad or iPhone to TV

I am receiving an error when attempting to plug in my iDevices into an extra television I have installed in my office.  The app works fine on the devices then I get an error "8008" that has to do with screen recording as soon as I plug the device into my apple adaptor (which is connected to TV via HDMI cable).  

I have disabled the screen recording in IOS (this is apparently something new with the new IOS11) on both devices and rebooted each one.  I still get this error.  I can stream all other apps and internet streams.  It seems on only be the Contour App that isn't working.  

I spent well over an hour on the phone on Saturday 1/6/18 with this and after being transferred 3 times was told a "ticket" needed to be put in and I would receive a call back within 24-48 hours.   Here it is 1/10/18 and no one has attempted to contact me.

I have a hard time believing I am the only one in the Cox realm experiencing this.  Has anyone been through this and if so, is there a fix available?  This is maddening.   I pay enough for this service ... I should be able to view on a larger screen without going through all of this nonsense.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Fitbyfifty,

Are you able to test the Apple HDMI adaptor with one of your devices on a different TV? It would be helpful to know if you get the same error on a different TV.

• Hi fitbyfifty, We received an update from our Internet Support team that your ticket has been completed. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.