Forum Discussion

gemini5_74
New Contributor
7 years ago

Contour App only for home use?!

I've recently added the Countour App to my Samsung, works perfectly on my phone, no problems, crystal clear. When I was out eating and was hooked up to the establishment's Wifi, I thought I'd let my kids watch something to keep them occupied but it came to my attention that I was unable to access any channels since I wasn't using my 'home wifi'. What the heck. If I am at home, wouldn't I just watch cable that's on my TV instead of on my phone? Why cant I use any other Wifi to access the channels on this app? Why does it have to be my home Wifi? This doesn't make any sense. Oh, and the channels I could access, TV Go Channels, were all CSPAN channels. No thanks, I really don't want to watch CSPAN while I am on the go.... So really, what is the point of this App if I can only use it at home.....and if I am at home, I'll be watching my channels on my TV anyhow....

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi gemini5_74,

The link provided below provides the networks that are currently available for viewing outside of the home using the Contour app.

https://www.cox.com/residential/support/contour-app-out-of-home-channels.html

Customer must be subscribed to the network to view the live or On Demand programming.