Forum Discussion

socal_transplan
Contributor III
7 years ago
Solved

Can't access webmail on my iPad mini

Starting a new thread on this disaster of a new webmail app suite (sounds fancy doesn't it?  About $5 more a month fancy!) because I think this is a separate problem.

while I was out last night enjoying a glass of wine & the company of friends, our main email address got "migrated." In other words screwed up! I had several issues discussed in other threads, but the main problem is that I cannot get into webmail from my iPad mini. Period. And yet I read it was compatible with Apple?

had a long frustrating conversation with cox techs last nigh and they were clueless. They'd been given no info from this alleged "communications" company and someone from "the team" is going to call me.

and it might snow at Christmas this year!

Problem is, I am traveling soon and that's how I manage my email on the road. 

Am I to pack up my win7 desktop and take with?

am I the only one?

• problem resolved!!  by apple.

sonehow i accidentally put my safari browser into "private." i do this with my windows browsers with no problem.  i didn't even know i COULD with safari.  but i did.

as soon as the "genius" put it back to normal, i was able to log in AND connect.  this is apparently a compatibility issue that cox might want to address in the future, but i'm back to normal now.

chris, i know you're trying to help, but honestly...i don't understand much of what you're trying to say. i do not want all email left on the server, but i do not want it all gone either.  i try to keep the last correspondence from my contacts on the server in case i lose it in my email client via crash or other catastrophe.  what i do may seem clumsy to a tech, but it makes sense to me and works for me.

29 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion