Forum Discussion

mcduce
New Contributor
7 years ago

New email app isn't ready for prime time...

Hi! One of the most frustrating things about the new email app is that it automatically puts a check mark into the last email of the previous session. This has caused me to have emails I want to keep, get deleted! I check all the emails I want to delete, but if you don't pay attention, the app has already check marked an email for you! Please correct the app to NOT check mark anything automatically! This behavior occurs regardless of operating system I am on (MacOS 10.12.6, Win 7SP1 Pro, Win 10 Pro) or web browser (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, Edge). Also, there does not appear to be any mailbox search function! I feel the old email app was more functional... at least you could search and didn't do anything on its own! The only real plus to this new app is it display emails properly in html! Please advise. Thanks!

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Mcduce,

By default, the first email in the Inbox is checked when logging in or after deleting an email. I have also found this to be frustrating in the new Cox Email platform, and it has caused me to accidentally delete a couple of emails by mistake. Luckily, I realized what was happening and was able to retrieve the deleted emails.

You will be happy to hear that our email developers are currently working on a fix for this issue. We don't have a release date yet, but please know that this will be addressed in a future update.

In order to display the Search bar, Folder View must be enabled. While viewing your Inbox, click on the View button in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Then click on Folder View. The Search box will be displayed in the upper left-hand corner of the Inbox window, above the Folder Tree. I hope this helps!