This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Support for Voice Automation using IFTTT and/or Amazon Echo

I use Cox Homelife security, and would very much like to control my system using my voice with my Amazon Echo device.  The problem is, Cox has not enabled support for this feature yet.

This feature would allow me to set my alarm with my voice by saying "Alexa, tell HomeLife to arm the system"  I could do it anywhere in the house, and it would be a great feature to have.  Other alarm companies have already added this feature, but I want to stay with Cox as a full service provider.  

I wonder when we can get this feature from Cox?  Alternatively, Cox could add integration via IFTTT (If this then that).  This would allow anyone to add custom programs which do multiple things.  With IFTTT, for example, a person could use an app or speak to his automation device and say "Alexa, trigger AWAY MODE", and she could respond by setting the alarm, turning off the lights, turning down the heat, and who knows what else!  The sky is the limit, and it would be customizable.  Very fun and useful.

Please add support for Amazon Echo and/or IFTTT soon.  It would be a great enhancement to Cox services.

• Hi Scott, we always appreciate customers who take the time to give us their feedback.  I'll pass what you've said to our management team.  Thanks for choosing Cox Communications and have a joyful holiday season! -- Carol 

• I have echo devices too. I'm seriously considering swapping out my Homelife thermostats for Honeywell brands because these can truly operate in a smart environment and can be adjusted via Echo commands.
  • That awkward moment when the user knows more about the system then probably the people who designed it. The product in general lacks polish and seems focused on providing peace of mind  and convenience then true security.

• I agree with Scott.  I, too, have an Amazon Echo device, and would like to integrate it into my home automation paired with my Homelife security.  I would prefer to have one Hub for all my devices if possible, and it seems with everything already connected to Cox, that would be a simpler solution.  Considering the equipment used throughout most all Security providers is the same, the ability to integrate with Echo should be seamless.

• Just chiming in to support the request to have COX Homelife integrate with AMAZON Echo/Dot.  It is the only thing left out of my smart home configuration.