NBA on ABC broadcasts are in Spanish on Contour App

NBA on ABC broadcasts are in Spanish on Contour App

Apps Forum

Activity: 10 Replies | 2 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by
During the Oklahoma City vs Cleveland game, the audio feed switched from English to Spanish. Closed captions are in English, so are the commercials! I've tried to switch the SAP but it's grayed out. The broadcast is fine on my Contour TVs. My provider is Cox Oklahoma City. What gives??
All Replies
  • Posted by MaryF
    21 Jan 2018 1:38 PM

Hi GPW,

If you're still experiencing an issue with the any of the channels' audio broadcasting in Spanish on the app, please uninstall and reinstall the Contour app.  Let us know if the issue continues.

Mary F.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by GPW
    4 Feb 2018 3:31 PM
    MaryF

Hi GPW,

If you're still experiencing an issue with the any of the channels' audio broadcasting in Spanish on the app, please uninstall and reinstall the Contour app.  Let us know if the issue continues.

I don't get it!! Watching NBA on ABC basketball games today and they're in Spanish AGAIN!! No other ABC/ESPN programs are in Spanish. SAP is grayed out. It must be the feed from ESPN but who do I report it to? It's only on the Contour App... the Television feed is fine.
  • Posted by MarkM1
    6 Feb 2018 2:36 AM

GPW,

To verify if there is an issue with the ESPN feed, would you try going to the ESPN app & watching the same game on their app? We would like to see if there is the same Spanish feed there. To use their app, you will need to use the primary login for your Cox account. Please let us know what you find.

Mark M. 

• Posted by GPW
    12 Feb 2018 6:29 PM
    I've have installed the ESPN app as you requested. The ESPN feed works properly. The Cleveland vs Boston game is in English on the ESPN app, Spanish on the Contour App.
  • Posted by JonathanJ
    13 Feb 2018 3:01 AM
    @GPW

On the app go to menu drop down then scroll to the setting ( gearbox next to contour) turn on SAP and preferred language set to English.

Jonathan J

• Posted by GPW
    13 Feb 2018 10:35 AM
    HAVE YOU READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS? SAP IS GRAYED OUT.
  • Posted by JonathanJ
    13 Feb 2018 7:34 PM
    @GPW

To the right of SAP, there's a button. Are you able to slide it then turns blue then underneath select preferred language?

Jonathan J

• Posted by GPW
    13 Feb 2018 8:13 PM
    I changed the SAP button to ON. Preferred SAP language is set to English… I don't believe this is an SAP problem because all other programming on ALL channels is in English. It's only the NBA on ABC games!! I have the same problem on multiple devices (Laptop running Windows 10, iPhone 7 running iOS 11, and Samsung tablet running Android 7.0.
  • Posted by MarkM1
    14 Feb 2018 1:15 AM

GPW,

Do you experience this issue on every NBA game that comes on or does this happen on any other program? Would you send us an email the next time this issue happens to cox.help@cox.com with your full name & address so we can check to see what may be causing this issue for you? Is this only happening on the Contour app or does it happen on the TV as well? We would like to check both to see what the issue may be.

Mark M. 

• Posted by GPW
    14 Feb 2018 12:50 PM
    If you would read my previous posts you would see I have already answered these questions several times.... 1. The issue is only on the NBA games on ABC. NO OTHER PROGRAMMING. All other channels work properly. Period. 2. The issue is only on the Contour App. It DOES NOT HAPPEN over the air (antenna) or cable TV feed (Contour & Digital boxes). 3. I have the same problem on multiple devices (Laptop running Windows 10, iPhone 7 running iOS 11, and Samsung tablet running Android 7.0.) 4. Switching SAP doesn't help. Still get the game in Spanish. Closed captions are in English. Will be happy to email you when I see it again. Just look at the television schedule for Oklahoma City and see with the next NBA game will be broadcast on ABC.