Foreign travel access to webmail

Foreign travel access to webmail

Apps Forum

Activity: 3 Replies | 1 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by
Dear Cox, I travel frequently to foreign countries. Your network security obviously detected that I am connecting with a foreign IP address and prompted for my last 4 SSN AND asked me to select "all castle looking pictures" to ensure I was human (or something). This works fine on my laptop computer BUT it did not work at ALL on my android phone. Where pictures are supposed be displayed was a blank frame. What procedure do you have for someone trying to connect to their Cox Webmail account using an android phone while on foreign travel? Thanks in advance.
All Replies
  • Posted by TiffanyR
    7 Aug 2017 2:02 PM
    Hello Daryles,

I want to help. What phone are you using? Have tried tried a different browser on that phone?

Tiffany R. 
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by HORACE JONES
    9 Aug 2017 9:15 AM

My wife and I travel extensively, often going to Europe, Africa, Middle East, etc.  We have done so extensively, and have always been able to use Cox web mail when overseas.  On our last trip, to Germany, Austria, and Saudi Arabia over Christmas and New Years, 2016k - 2017, suddenly found that we could no longer send emails on Web Mail.  Unable to email relatives, friends re: delayed arrivals, etc.Finally called Cox to find out what was going on. Got the usual "never heard of that" and 'that shouldn't b happening." from the techs. After much time on the phone (from Saudi Arabia ultimately was told that we now had to notify Cox prior to leaving the country so their committee could approve out foreign travel.

Three days ago wife left Phoenix to go to Dhahran, Saudi Arabia too take care of grandkids for daughter and husband. Called in advance to inform Cox, and now was informed that not only had to inform of travel, but had to submit specific IP addresses for approval.  While we could get the specific IP address for their home on Aramco In Saudi, and then wait the stated 24 hours for the committee to approve or disapprove, this process leaves out airport wi-fi servers in an emergency at some god-forsaken middle eastern airport.

Cox does not notify you if the IP address has been approved or disapproved. Still not working, must have been disapproved?

Cox puts in these unexpected changes without notifying its customer, even those like us who have been so for 29 years, and pay 230 bucks a month, expecting premium service, and doesn't even tell their techs that they're going to do or what they've done.  Different answer with each call on he problem.

Will fire Cox as soon as a viable alternative is found.

• Posted by ColleenD
    9 Aug 2017 7:15 PM
    HORACE JONES,

An additional layer of security is in place that provides real-time protection against identity theft, data breaches, and fraud. You should be prompted to enter additional verification on new devices when accessing any of the following pages on our website:

•Internet Tools
    •My Account
    •My Services
    •Phone Tools
    •View/Pay Bill
    •WebMail / Cox Email

This additional verification automatically allows you to sign in on the device without having to contact our customer care team for additional support. This verification would be required on each device you are trying to obtain access with.

I have not seen any cases where access was denied for any customer where a ticket was put in due to being unable to complete the additional verification. Typically the request to grant access is completed within 24 hours or less.

ColleenD 
    Cox Support Forums Moderator