How do I disable the new email app?

How do I disable the new email app?

Apps Forum

Activity: 7 Replies | 3 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

I absolutely hate that it took over my email!!!

I want to change it back to way it was yesterday.

I have Windows 10 and the app is not listed in my folder, so I can't delete it from there.

Where can I find this horrible thing and get rid of it???

All Replies
  • Posted by BrianM
    7 Jul 2017 3:06 PM
    Which new app are you talking about exactly and which app were you using previously?

Brian
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Posted by Homee2010
    22 Jul 2017 9:19 AM

The new email app **. I can't see full emails on my tablet, just a long skinny version on the right hand side of the screen. As far as I can see, there is no way to convert back to the old email version. Also can't see the app in the apps list, therefore no way to disable it. Probably Cuz Cox knows that it **, but can't resolve this. 

• Posted by Homee2010
    22 Jul 2017 9:21 AM

BrianM, I think you already know what app he's referring to

• Posted by Becky
    24 Jul 2017 6:13 AM
    Hi Homee2010,

I replied to your thread at http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/apps_forum/f/9/t/18330.aspx.

Becky K.

• Posted by eldy
    25 Jul 2017 6:54 AM

this is the WORST!!!! I am going to have to leave cox and get fios if they can't fix this! Its horrible.. and now i am getting double emails!!!!

• Posted by TiffanyR
    25 Jul 2017 7:33 AM
    Hi Eldy,

We'd hate to see you go. I am sorry to hear that you are getting double emails. Is this happening everyday, or only every once in awhile? One way to prevent this from happening is to ensure that your inbox is cleared on the website. You can create a folder and file the emails there.

Tiffany R. 

• Posted by mcduce
    8 Aug 2017 12:59 PM
    The double emails for me happened only once and that was when my email account went live on the new email app. It resent ALL the email I had saved online in my account. Had to go through & manually delete all the duplicates... This was an omen as to the fact this app wasn't ready for prime time.... There are other items that aren't right that I have posted about. Wish we could go back to the old email app even if the interface was old and clunky- it was more reliable and actually had more features!