Forum Discussion

rbob1
New Contributor
5 years ago

XRE-03121 error.

I got a new Contour 2 box after a forced upgrade. The first didn;t work and was swapped out for another one. The new contour 2 box worked for two days and now I get this error. I've talked to tech support everyday and have reset and refreshed my box often. I can get dvr service and On demand,but not live T.V. It's going back Monday,if not resolved. I been a Cox customer for over 20 years and every upgrade has had problems.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

When you tune to a non-basic channel, Contour verifies if you're entitled to the channel.  If this verification takes too long, you'll get an error code.

You'll have to call or email Cox to ensure your account was correctly provisioned after your upgrade.  It doesn't take long to review but the holding may take some time.  Better off emailing.

rbob1
      New Contributor

The live tv worked for two days.I can't see any channel,basic or extended live.It sits there with a moving dot display ,i guess loading.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

The problem isn't on your end but at the headend of Cox.  Since it's a new box, it might also be trying to update its software.  You can view its About setting to check if it's updated.

Other than that, the Help Desk could only check.